Attention Spanish speaking users! We need your input!

Hello!

We have given thoughts about opening SWAPD for Spanish-only speaking users since. Apparently, it’s the second most spoken language in the world. My questions for any Spaniards are:

1. Is there a market for this type of business in your country?
  2. If yes, what are the current ways/websites of conducting business?

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

11 Likes

I’m Spanish but definitely there’s no markets/sites for these services focused on Spain

2 Likes

Do you think there would be a demand, though? Many members told us yes, but we haven’t researched it yet.

yes i am in the spanish market

spanish → mexico,ecuador, and other latin countries

2/ there is website like swapd
and fb groupos+whatsapp groups…

On Spain they see this like a “fraud” anything related to buy press, users names etc has a negative fame

yes WhatsApp groups are fire

I am Spanish and the people of my country do not appreciate these services, they are very rats and never spend money.

1 Like

I am from Venezuela, I speak Spanish, in my case in my country this type of business is not usually done much, and as for other Latin countries I have very rarely done business with someone from there, I usually do it with English-speaking countries, through swapd, forums and telegram groups.

What are the two services you mentioned? May we see the URLs?

Hah, same here. Why do you think we have so many problems with payment processors? The world is against us.

1 Like

How about a translate option

1 Like

does Google not already give people the option to auto translate the site to their language as soon as they go on SWAPD? I’ve seen other websites have this

1 Like

We would probably create a separate instance. Right now it’s just random thoughts. We need to research this.

2 Likes

TBH I’ve had clients all over the world via different marketing strategies and they are almost never Spanish (Hispanic)

I’ve only had some clients from Mexico that were providing services within USA

1 Like

ForoBeta.com seems to be one of them, no?

I’m in cyprus and I have a lot of clients offsite in latin america and colombia.

I own many whatsapp groups and facebook grouips and sell services from swapd over there + offsite services too. Also word of mouth works a lot, since once I deliver to one guy 10 come after him from him and the chain gets long.

1 Like

Why not just use the Discourse Translator plugin

Creating a spanish SWAPD would mean hiring spanish moderators, increased workload, etc.

1 Like

We’ve tried toying with it. Not what we need.

With AI, this is no longer the case.

1 Like