Bank wires and credit card payments are currently suspended. In addition, payouts will also suffer significant delays.

Dear SWAPD Community,

We are writing to inform you of an important update regarding our payment processing methods.

Temporary Suspension of Bank Wire and Credit Card Transactions

Due to an ongoing investigation, which has resulted in a hold on our company accounts, we regret to inform you that all transactions involving bank wires and credit card payments are temporarily suspended. This suspension is expected to last between 7 to 21 days.

Implications for Members:

• We strongly advise against initiating new transactions using bank wires or credit cards during this period.
  • Members expecting payouts through these methods should anticipate significant delays.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and assure you that our team is diligently working to resolve this issue as swiftly as possible.

Compliance with Terms of Service

As per our 2024 Terms of Service, which all members have agreed to, such delays in transactions are accounted for. We request your understanding and patience as we navigate through this period in compliance with our terms.

Alternative Payment Options

We recommend members to consider other available payment methods (USDT/USDC) on our platform during this time. For assistance or inquiries regarding alternative payment options, please contact our support team.

We are committed to providing timely updates as the situation evolves and remain dedicated to maintaining the integrity and reliability of the SWAPD platform.

We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Sincerely,

The SWAPD Team

22 Likes

Thanks for keeping us in the loop while you’re on vacation! :heart:

11 Likes

Thanks for the updates

I appreciate your update. I’d like to propose a suggestion for the SWAPD forum regarding the implementation of two deal options:

1- The first option, which is familiar to everyone, involves the initiation of a ticket, with the buyer paying SWAPD, the seller transferring the property, and SWAPD facilitating payment to the seller.

2- The second option could be as follows:
Start a ticket, and either the buyer or the seller pays the forum MM Fee to SWAPD. SWAPD then safeguards the property, and the buyer pays the seller directly. Upon payment confirmation, SWAPD transfers the property to the buyer. This means that SWAPD temporarily holds the property, rather than the payment.

Implementing this approach could help alleviate the challenging situations SWAPD has been encountering. Initially, this system could be piloted with VIP members and higher and gradually expanded based on feedback. It would remain as an optional Plan-B. Old method will stay in practice too.

Thanks for considering this proposal.

11 Likes

I think second option is cool, but should only be allowed to VIP members+. ex. What happens if after the buyer pays, the seller pulls the account? This would be fine for things like YT channels, but we can’t get a grace period with this option for other social medias.

A lot of scammers go on sites that only do the section option to pullback accounts, so the second policy might mess up SWAPD’s reputation.

Also thanks for updates

2 Likes

Bring BTC and ETH back if possible :smiley:

1 Like

Bring old @coehn back

2 Likes

The 2nd option is what I recommended on the “no fiat december” post as well. Had to stop using swapd altogether during that period and seems like that’s about to become the norm. I’d rather take a calculated risk and accept the possibility of getting scammed than not being able to use swapd at all due to it being entirely crypto-based.

What exactly triggers these suspensions? Assuming chargebacks don’t happen thru Wires

I mean, I know guys selling Adult / CBD / Gambling and they can process Cards fine

I miss the old coehn, straight from the go coehn

2 Likes

Yes, at Uber high 10-15% fees.

makes sense for card but Wires? everything you guys do is legit and have paperwork to prove it so kind of odd they suspend u

1 Like

For bank wires you need hard to obtain MT licenses, so we have to rely on third party payment providers that have crazy policies.

3 Likes

See 2 many issues with that, paying seller some platforms tried that but reason why they failed also.
Tbh they have the best setup currently, just comes down to maybe they need have banks separate for each country. If buy in USA can only sell in USA for WT/CC, but if your in UK buy and sell in UK for WT/CC. But if seller and buyer different regions then other choices crypto and etc.

“Get crypto or get out” policy coming soon. I am tired of appeasing people who aren’t willing to learn cryptocurrency. 80% of our sales are crypto now, we can survive if some people aren’t willing to switch. Yes it’s mean but no one can tell us we haven’t tried. Could we go with sketchy payment providers? Sure. But that would raise the fees to 20-24% in total, and people would whine even more.

4 Likes

Crypto is sexy

4 Likes

How do I buy USDT/ USDC? I’m based in the UK.

If you’re looking to purchase USDT/USDC, follow these simple steps:

1. Navigate: Go to our left sidebar and click on the “Buy Crypto” link.
  2. Select Currency: On the Buy Crypto page, choose the currency you wish to purchase. We offer USDT and USDC in ERC20 and TRC formats. Remember to check the ticket terms or consult with the seller to determine their preferred format and token.
  3. Payment Method: Select your payment method and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the purchase. Once done, your crypto wallet will be funded and ready to use.

Please be aware that SWAPD itself does not provide this service directly; you will be purchasing crypto through one of our exchange partners. Should your country or state have restrictions on using these services, it’s essential to research alternative options available in your area.

If the above instructions fail due to restrictions in your country, you can try some of the following services:

3 Likes

Does anybody know if I can just use my debit card for purchases? I don’t mind crypto I just never used it.

1 Like

Not at the moment, but we’re working on restoring this (1-3 weeks).

2 Likes