- penalty of 250 000 euro a day with a max. of 100 000 000 euro until they get in line with regulation.
- need to destroy illegally obtained data
- need to stop the tracking until they have taken measures
- need to publish the verdict (84 pages) on their website
- need to publish the measures they have taken in Belgian newspapers
The court ruled that they illegally track users browsing history. They take corporate interests over the fundamental rights of their users. They didn’t inform how long they keep that information and what the do with it. They also don’t have the permit to track all of that data.
What is your take on this? I wonder if Facebook will comply or just move out of Belgium (unlikely).