Beware of Twitter Verification Scams

Hi everyone,

I am sure that you are all vigilant people who are careful with your online transactions, but I would like to put out the word to especially be careful with anyone approaching you with Twitter verification service.

As some of you may already know, Twitter has temporarily closed the public portal for verification. For most people, the verification submission became unavailable. However, of course, entities such as large media corporations, big name celebrities, and some government bodies do have the privilege to access the verification submission.

This may be a very simple advice, but do not fall for anyone claiming to have 100% or high verification success rate. If anyone posts a Twitter verification service on SWAPD, it would be of your best interest to put a ticket through for purchase only if the service is verified by an administrator.

At the moment, I can tell you that there would not be anyone who could legitimately provide the service. If any one user on SWAPD can, it would probably be @gxs179, but he is not taking up any further Twitter verification at this time.

This is beginning to sound like one of those “Be Safe” videos you watch when you’re in grade school, but really always take these precautions:

1. Make sure the seller you are buying from is verified by SWAPD. Observe the record of positive transaction by the seller.

2. Make sure the service you are buying is verified also.

3. If someone is trying to get you off-site, report the user immediately and/or send a message to the SWAPD admins about the incident.

4. If you do operate also outside of SWAPD, be sure to check the Blackbook section of SWAPD for a list of scammers for you to keep an eye out for.

If you ever feel worried about someone approaching you with Twitter services, feel free to PM me here. I have been scammed several times before on it so I may be able to give you some advice on avoiding trouble with Twitter.

Best,
SS

16 Likes

Top notch write up. We should seriously start awarding our users for this type of work. We will come up with something!

3 Likes

Give us money

1 Like

SWAPD Rewards? :smiley:

Thank you, @SWAPD!

Well, rewards are nice but I want to do this because I don’t want other users here to be scammed or get trapped in a scamming scheme.

If we can all work together to keep this place safe, we can have a better community overall. Sellers and buyers alike can have a better experience and we can shut out all the scammers. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Times have changed :smiling_imp:

11 Likes

It is different when you have a representative on the inside that can submit internal requests

2 Likes

Thank interenet for Swapd and verified sellers with records of actually delivering the service!

1 Like

So are there any legit offers for Twitter verification at the moment on Swapd?

Talk to @Goofy.

This is no correct I can provide examples and more evidence here twitter verifications can be done if match the criteria and is the easier one

Actually this kind of post are no helpful first of all the post is no trustworthy because in fact badge are 1000% posible now on the other hand no one can guarantee 100% rate of success, so the only way to do this the legit way is by doing it through escrow service like swap does

please would be useful to all if you can prove what you say actually

Proof what? That is possible? Well people is getting badge, this guy who does the post is complaining because some people have rip him out before it no means people can’t actually get badges on twitter

Is like me saying I got rip off on trying to get verified on Instagram be aware is hard that’s No true the facts:

No one can guarantee a badge, no one, but it is possible to request it

that not what he is saying, he is saying its hard to get and people should be careful.

You said
‘’ I can provide examples and more evidence here twitter verifications can be done if match the criteria and is the easier one ‘’

can we see the examples?

First you can get verified if you are a musician there is several agregator that request verification on behalf of the artists.

Second if you are into politics there is a public email that can be use and twitter actually respond to it, if any admins ask I can share by a dm

Third if you are an actor or model any register talent agency can reach out to twitter support and will work

Fourth if you are an advertiser or use a valid advertiser partner to run campaigns it can be requested

So the only thing that was close is the public form but people are getting verified every single day

He already said that

I know but all I am saying all the drama of “scam” on twitter is unnecessary my understanding is that people here use the Checkout ticket

For example in my case I had done few people here usernames changes and badge and none of them had to pay until done

I use it too, if everyone does scams will be kept to minimum, But not everyone does, hence the post.

Seems like @Goofy has given up verifications for now. unless I’m wrong? :eyes: