Community Warning | New Scam

So, the other day a person on IG dmed me a plausible offer for a large Instagram page I own. I accepted the offer, and he asked me if I could do half upfront, to which I denied. Finally, he agreed to pay the amount upfront and asked if I could take “BUSD.e” I didn’t know what that was and he assured me I could transfer it rather easy. So after confirming that it was a “legitimate” crypto worth what he was asking I accepted and received the funds nearly immediately. I was a little off put by him not wanting to use a escrow or a middle man or any sort, but ultimately I had received what my wallet said was $15,000 in crypto that I could convert. I nearly gave him the details right then, but he started to rush me, so I said I’m going to swap it for USDT or a familiar currency before I hand over the details. He starts calling me a scammer, rushing me even more, and full blown tweaking. That’s when I knew something was up. I couldn’t find a single piece of info about this scam on the internet, but upon trying to transfer the funds, the blockchain read: 0.000000007 sent out when $100 is what I transferred. Now I try several other transfer services and not one receives the amount. I can confirm that even though all of the conversions read 1.00:$1.00 USD and my wallet even says I have $15,000 in assets it’s still bullshit.

TL:DR:

Don’t deliver any services for any crypto currency that you aren’t familiar with, before first converting it to one that you are familiar with.

Proof:

6 Likes

This makes it sound like it’s still worth something though? “Once depreciated it can be sent through the ethereum chain”

Have you sent that to Binance? Avalanche C-Chain

1 Like

Probably some test network
You have that all the times with diffrent coins

press top right and link back to CMC and check the token contract address to make sure it’s not a fake token that’s been listed on Trust Wallet. It seems real tho

Every single transaction with the token seems to be for $0

Yeah it seems like a scam

2 Likes

The coin itself it’s real, but seems like there are no liquidity pools for it. So the value is fake and he tried to scam

Is it possible to ever get a liquidity pool?

i dont think so

*UPDATE:

This is a Trust wallet only thing. If you use Trust wallet be careful, BUSD.E is a legitimate currency it’s Trust wallet just has a glitch showing you have more coin then you actually do.

1 Like

If it’s not swappable then it’s a scam coin or a testnet coin, because the don’t trade testnet. The Money is just gonna sit there :joy:. Audio money!

Anybody can get logos and listings on Trust Wallet, I’m able to do TW logo without reqs (however I don’t do it for these scams, but for shitcoins).

1 Like