Doomsday March. Fanpages are under a threat. (March Facebook changes confirmed)

That makes sense. Could that be because Facebook receives a larger cut of ad revenue by displaying them in 3rd world countries?

I think the algorithm gets updated in U.S. first.

1 Like

I have only problem with US, other countries are good. For example on one page with 90k I have week reach between 1mil and 1.4mil. On that page I post 8 links and 6 pics by day. But there is no US fans.

It’s possible that you might be posting the wrong content. If you spam your page a lot, and post unoriginal content regularly. Your followers become a lot less interested, and the less interested they are, the less engaging they are, and that ends up with showing up less in their feed.

I doubt USA gets hit first by the algorithms that push a decline on fb whole ecosystem. For new features, of course USA will be the one to get their hands on.
However, this is still pretty unclear and best is to wait out and see how this plays out.

Hope for the best.

How is U.K. page? Anyone knows?

Latvian pages are still doing just fine, so looks like they are starting with USA. Most of our USA clients are really dissapointed in what reach they get now. Pictures/videos tend to do good, Watch content also doing good so far.

Are you guys seeing similar impact on groups? So far my pages are doing ok, slight declines but nothing that will kill me. What are your strategies to diversify? Whatsapp? Telegram? Instagram?

Honestly, I haven’t thought about other platform. IA earning is down. And affiliate traffic is too risky. Everybody is trying to figure out an earning solution. I think it’s too soon to give up FB. Still there is Watch and midroll. PM me, I’ll help you get into the them if you need.

Thank you Vincent. May i also ask you to clarify what means affiliate traffic. Is it against policy to post affiliate links directly on FB or does this stretch to affiliate links that are placed on my website (so my FB post does not contain an affiliate link)?

1 Like

Thank you very much.

i think targeted pages which has engagemet more than 10/100 ( for exemple reach 1000 you get mora thank 100 engagement ) , still has good reach , i have one page which has more than 10 /100 in reach and also links are doing well , i am like i don’t understaind fb anymore

No1 understand Fb anymore, I think they dont understand how Fb work…

I can say for sure that prices of fanpages dropped like 500% :smiley:
Too bad sellers don’t understand this (yet).

This happened once a few years ago when Facebook made a really drastic cut in reach. It was the jump from easy money to difficult money. No one was buying Fanpages for months (at least, not from our websites).

5 Likes

After talking to a few Facebookers it seems that (slowly) Fanpage owners are slowly calming down. Things that changed the most is keeping articles unique to a Fanpage (for people who push stories), and not spreading the same story on every page.

But, Facebook is in trouble on its own due to the recent data leak scandal.
Their stock just keeps tanking. Last night it shot up, but only to fall another 2.6% today.

If I understand well, I must make separate articles for every single page? That’s the key?

From what I’ve heard, not completely sure. Facebook wants to make sure content stays unique to a page, this right there stops 99% of sites like mylikes/etc from spreading bullshit clickbait all over Facebook. I’ve been reviewing fanpages in the past few days. Those who stick to their own little realm do just fine. It’s the big guys who have it uphill (and the people who push stories for others).

1 Like
2 Likes

Well, things are back to normal, for shareholders at least.

2 Likes