Escrow.com Impersonator Scammers

Someone recently wanted to buy one of my IG accounts through Escrow.com. We proceeded with the transaction and the buyer told me he sent the money to Escrow.

After I handed over my IG account to Escrow services the buyer went cold, he’s IG looked somewhat deactivated.

Contacted Escrow support team and they told me they’ve never received any funds but the payment was secured through their website.

Escrow service changed my IG account details and OG email with a 2 step authentication method and told me that they can’t give my IG back because its not within their policy crap to disclosed such details.

I think that Escrow.com scams people or use their staff to contact you through social media asking to buy your account.

If i had read the reviews first on Trust Pilot it would’ve never happened. Just becareful dealing with those scammers

3 Likes

what?
Escrow is literally the biggest and most trusted escrow company in the world.
Seems like the buyer has scammed you and he didn’t actually send funds to Escrow. unless I got it wrong

2 Likes

It should look like this

7 Likes

And now look at the real email address that has been sending you emails lol

7 Likes

Edited the title to note that these are impersonators.

1 Like

Agreed with @coehn

I’m 100% sure that the email isn’t from escrow.

4 Likes

It was from a fake email, the actual company didn’t receive any funds.

This is a known scam, if you’re not careful you can get scammed easily.

They fool you by impersonating them and like @comfy said it’s a known scam.

It’s never Escrow Team that sends you an email. It’s always a Escrow or Escrow.com

Always and Always check email headers.

2 Likes

always use SWAPD

2 Likes

Yeah it doesn’t seem it comes direct from Escrow

4 Likes

Yeah email phishing it’s been here for 20 years xd welcome to the internet my friend

5 Likes

Sad to laugh but true :joy:

2 Likes

I was hoping a custom email address with a subdomain as a prefix but,

Escrowcomtransaction@gmail.com

I’m sorry but, we all have been this stupid at some point in our life. Yours was today, sadly.

1 Like

They can’t do anything with the account because I manage to log back in from chrome browser which i forgot to clear. Manage to secure with my phone number and another email address. But the OG attach to it I cant log back into it again because the code are being sent to the old email now. The scammers even deleted the old email after i tried to get it back.

Gmail asked for previous password but that doesnt even work either :confused:

5 Likes

Glad that at least you recovered and fucked yo the scammers

1 Like

Cant fully recovery the account (@mizcabello) without the OG email but made it useless for them with my phone number locked in it.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear you got scammed :frowning: But that’s how we learn. Now I’m sure it won’t happen again

3 Likes

My first escrow.com impersonator scam!