Facebook deleting fanpages again. Another purge?

We have noticed that two of our clients pages were deleted. Both of them were renamed by user @gilly.
We also had one report from ViralAccounts.com of a deleted page, but that one wasn’t renamed at all, which suggests that Facebook is doing one of their cleanup purges.

If you run fanpages, I would like to know:

1. Did you lose any pages?
  2. If so, how many?
  3. Did you change their name recently?
1 Like

I myself have lost no pages, one was renamed last night by Gilly. If anything changes, I will let everyone know.

1 Like

People who had their pages deleted are getting the very same message like people who lost their page during the Novermber 2017 purge:

“Hello,

Your Page “Stop Child Abuse” has been removed for violating our Terms of Use. A Facebook Page is a distinct presence used solely for business or promotional purposes. Among other things, Pages that are hateful, threatening, or obscene are not allowed. We also take down Pages that attack an individual or group, or that are set up by an unauthorized individual. If your Page was removed for any of the above reasons, it will not be reinstated. Continued misuse of Facebook’s features could result in the permanent loss of your account.

The Facebook Team”

Perhaps this isn’t connected to the rename services offered by @gilly, but for safety reasons, we will hold on the rename services for now. It seems this email is just generic and offers no real reason why Facebook deletes pages, as some of our clients lost pages related to cute dogs. Nothing hateful about that. It may be another algorithm tweak, and if that’s true, it’s probably wise to appeal ASAP.

Link:

1 Like

This may have something to do with this also:

Facebook is making major changes, cleaning up the site, and pushing back fanpages behind family/friends posts. I believe we’re under a purge. Good luck everyone.

Yeah. Facebook made another announcement last week.

My pages are fine.

I would like to know how many links were posted on the deleted pages daily?

1 Like

I posted a semi adult link (was not actually adult just a bit less cloth’s ) and that was the only link i posted in last 2 days before that i used to post 20 post (images /vid) and 8 links each day and the page was working fine.

so if this is not because of name change than it is because of the link i posted.

and i have created a ticket in fb support i will get the reply in 24 hrs what is the actual reason of the deletion.

2 Likes

These might help. They are from a super old topic

https://business.facebook.com/help/contact/683377875184960
https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/213979585736368

1 Like

It says “You have no eligible admined pages.” on both links ( even on admin id on page and business both )

Is your page deleted? The links are for unpublished page.

Yeah these pages are getting outright deleted.

My page which Gilly renamed last night got deleted a few moments ago. Too many coincidences. Gilly is on thin ice.

It isn’t because of rename dear. Facebook is removing pages from last night and no one is sure why they’re removing pages. Some of my friends lost their pages and those pages weren’t renamed or merged ever. Please understand this isn’t because of renaming Facebook is removing pages for some other reasons. Also check Mark Zuckerburg’s (Facebook CEO) last post you’ll get a solid reason why they’re removing these pages. Many people lost their pages in 2017 and there were so many different reason. I’ve never seen Facebook team removed a page just because it was renamed or merged. They only restrict a page for renaming by putting a ban on rename option. Plus when I started this service I told people I’ll not be responsible if anything bad happened and Swapd team know this. So please this is my request please don’t blame me for this. It’s just Facebook doing something that no one knows.

Right now I have more cases of deleted fanpages from a rename than anything else. The marketing forums are quiet and Facebook help forums are also quiet. When there is a purge going on, you have 100’s of new topics about deleted pages. Now? We don’t see anything. So for now, this is your fault (your methods fault). Mark Zuckerberg announcement was mainly about fighting fake news, no where in his post he said he will remove pages.

I thing it’s just happened in two days and most of the people who lost their pages are trying to contact Facebook directly if they’ll give them a reason about why they removed their pages. After people found no help from Facebook team then they’ll come to public forums. As I’ve already told you that I’ve never seen pages removed just because they were renamed, it’s true and check this only this was the reason I told at start that I’ll not be responsible for anything bad.

Check:

Yes, we know you’ve warned. But that doesn’t change the fact that we can’t be pissed off and that you can no longer provide your services here.

Someone should give him 5 small or new pages to rename, for test and see what happens.

Just a FYI, a ticket we had open (just a few minutes ago), the page got deleted. It had a odd name, so I am pretty sure it was renamed also.

New page rename will not cause any problem… only old page with active users rename will make this problem. Facebook consider page name as your brand name. So if you change your brand name your fans will be confused and it would be consider as new brand. One of my page is unpublished after one and half month because of changing name, I changed the name by myself. When I appealed they give this explanation and tell me to start a new page with desired name. but I have changed the name of small pages several times without any problem. so in my opinion after changing name facebook asked random fans … page changed the name?.. is they are representing the same thing. if that survey goes against you , there is a huge chance your page would be deleted or unpublished. But on new page they dont ask that survey … after a certain amount fan , if page name is changed … they asked for that survey.

Yes, but with the trick one of our users used, the fans do not get notified about the name change. So I don’t think that’s the problem.

I am not talking about the regular notification… I am talking about on the cover page of your fanpage there would be a notification pop up for survey. Asking old fans that the page has changed name. and after changing name is it representing the same thing ?.. this survey pops up on random fans who visit your page . in my opinion if that survey goes against you …then fb take step. This is just my opinion… nothing official.