Facebook owes us 725 000 000 USD! How to get money from the Cambridge Analytica scandal?

If you’re lazy, here is a quick overview of what’s going on:

Here is a longer, more in-depth version:

The Cambridge Analytica scandal erupted in 2018, sending shockwaves through the tech industry and raising serious questions about data privacy and the role of social media in shaping political discourse. At the heart of the scandal was the illicit use of personal data belonging to millions of Facebook users. This article will provide an overview of the scandal, its implications, and the lessons we can draw from it.

Cambridge Analytica was a British political consulting firm that used data mining and analysis techniques to create targeted political advertising. The scandal began when a whistleblower, Christopher Wylie, revealed that the company had acquired the personal data of approximately 87 million Facebook users without their consent. This data was obtained through a third-party app, which not only collected information from users who took a personality quiz but also from their Facebook friends.

Cambridge Analytica used this massive trove of data to build detailed psychological profiles of individual users, enabling them to create highly targeted political ads. These ads were used to influence the 2016 United States presidential election and the Brexit referendum, raising concerns about the manipulation of democratic processes and the invasion of privacy.

The revelations sparked outrage and led to multiple investigations into both Facebook and Cambridge Analytica. Facebook was fined $5 billion by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) for its role in the scandal, and Cambridge Analytica was dissolved in May 2018. As a result, governments and regulatory bodies worldwide began to scrutinize data privacy practices more closely, leading to the implementation of stricter data protection laws, such as the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).

The lawsuit is over. You can get paid!

How to get money from the Cambridge Analytica scandal? Use the link below to claim your settlement. Just how much will you get? No one knows for sure. It all depends on how many people submit their requests.

1 Like

Funny thing is i bought a US based profile months ago and i received this notification yesterday on that profile. But i can’t claim coz don’t have Id’s of that person and they also need same name bank account.

I submitted mine. How much you think per person will it be ? Like $10 or like $100

Probably something like that :smiley: But who knows! What if only three people submit? We will get 200m each!

5 Likes

Delete this thread then so we can be multi millionaires :man_dancing:

1 Like

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

2 Likes

And those lawyers who battled for years, They can kiss their cut goodbye. We’re splitting the $700M jackpot three ways.

By the way, If anyone of you want to see a mind-blowing documentary about this Cambridge Analytica mess, check out ‘The Great Hack’ on Netflix. It’s so good, it will make you want to delete your online presence forever.

1 Like

I can imagine 10% of America claim this easily so around 20$ each