Facebook Purge 15.10.2018 - Here we go again?

I’ve received reports last week from my ViralAccounts.com members that a bunch of their pages (mostly political) were deleted. This week I am seeing increased chatter on Facebook, a bunch of Fanpage owners complaining about missing Fanpages. Even giants like The Tasteless Gentlemen were deleted (Redirecting...). That was one of my favorite pages, by the way. Yes, their content was edgy, but the page was 18+. It’s starting to look like memes/adult jokes have no place on Facebook, so if you run meme pages, beware.

Were you guys affected? Did anyone lose any pages?

Not pages but i lost a profile. Might be collateral damage as i never posted anything political or 18+.

1 Like

Here’s the blog post by them .

Today, we’re removing 559 Pages and 251 accounts that have consistently broken our rules against spam and coordinated inauthentic behavior. Given the activity we’ve seen — and its timing ahead of the US midterm elections — we wanted to give some details about the types of behavior that led to this action. Many were using fake accounts or multiple accounts with the same names and posted massive amounts of content across a network of Groups and Pages to drive traffic to their websites. Many used the same techniques to make their content appear more popular on Facebook than it really was. Others were ad farms using Facebook to mislead people into thinking that they were forums for legitimate political debate.

I think too many profiles got disabled, tho pages i didn’t found personally lost.

57 000 000 million fans / 559 reported Fanpages = 101,967 average per Fanpage. Just throwing it out there, I know a few of the pages deleted had millions of fans (if not tens of millions).

That’s a pretty big purge.

I believe that these pages do spend tons of money in ad spending. Facebook do not have any problem with them when they are running the ads but suddenly there are issues when they are famous. They are going to get Sued very soon.

I think they currently have bigger problems :smiley:

1 Like

One of the most unethical companies in the world. Who builds a closed advertising system, then gets you to use it, and after spending thousands removes the Asset and delivery system you have built using their platform. Its a disgrace

1 Like

Amen to that.

Facebook: “Hey! Use our platform to communicate with your clients, it’s free!”
Businesses: “Hey, clients! Follow us on Facebook! Let’s print the Facebook logo on all our flyers, ads, commercials, newspapers, business cards, signs, etc…etc…”
Facebook: “Great, now that you’re all here, pay us for the ability to reach your clients”
Businesses: “WTF?”

:smiley:

1 Like

I created political page, posted video, shared video on groups, the video got viral about 3k shares, page from 0 to 1.700 fans overnight, next day page unpublished, in all i had the page maybe 15 hours, sended appeal 10 days gone facebook dont reply, not to mention how much pages they removed,unpublished from me before this, its terrible and they don’t reply on appeals.

Facebook is a tool for political manipulation, there is denying it any more. If you aren’t fitting their agenda, you will get canned.

1 Like

My personal FB account disabled too. More than that, the engagement on pages is getting lower and lower. I mean, who could understand this anymore?

2 Likes