"Fake bidding". One question to the Mods/Admins of Swapd

Hello guys

I really like Swapd so far. One thing that concerns me about many social media exchange platforms is following: Many sellers drive up the price of their social media accounts by saying that someone offered lets say 10k USD but there was never an actual offer for 10k. They do this to try to squeeze out more money out of the pockets from buyers. So I was curious is Staff or Mods actually check if the price of goods are fairly valued and check if there was an offer close to the price that the product has been sold out or if sellers are “fake bidding” their selling prices to higher values.

Could any Mods/admins share some thoughts regarding this topic and if it is being looked at on Swapd?

How can you know if a seller is lying ? what if he has a client offsite ?

you can’t know an answer of your question :raised_hands:

4 Likes

That’s true @Brant !
The price for me properties I can put how much I want and in the end it’s my price.

4 Likes

Yes I understand your point. But then you could ask the question, why are you selling it here when you got a higher offer on another site? But I think Swapd as an ecosystem should promote a fair price and not set the price based on other bids on third sites because those bids can’t be verified. I think this is a huge problem on many selling sites because there is no “bidding system” in place.

You can ask the seller for a proof of the offer.

best offer means big offer wins. if a person gives me an offer 700$ , i am able to wait for more offers. Who knows, maybe someone else will offer me 1,000$ :raised_hands:

We don’t check for such things. Even if we did, we couldn’t force the sellers to actually sell at the real (first) declared price. They would just leave. It’s a part of the negotiation process. If someone is telling you they have a better offer that’s outside of your budget, just thank them and move along.

10 Likes