Feature Idea - RE: Swapd Points

Not sure if this has already been discussed, but Swapd could incorporate a tab/store where users can redeem their Swapd points for merch/other cool things.

4 Likes

How do you score points?

Who pays for shipping? Which for many countries is super expensive, in addition to customs fees. India, for example, charges 200% sometimes of the item’s value. There isn’t even an option for us to pay it on our end. It’s the receiver who has to pay it.

1 Like

Shipping our awards worldwide taught us that it’s not easy. @HamzaKhan never received his gold logos. They were basically stolen by Turkish customs. Many of our statuettes were disposed of and burned because the customs fees were too high for receivers. This is also the reason why we stopped shipping to India completely.

Actual merch is a pain, a huge pain—so much hassle and paperwork.

3 Likes

Here is an IRL example of how things go down:

Customs: Hi, SWAPD. We need to know how much this thing is worth. Send the purchase invoice, otherwise we will burn it.
Me: Sure, here is the invoice.
Customs: Hah, no. We say it’s worth THIS much and now pay 200% tax on it, because again, we will burn it.

THE WORLD HAS GONE MADE

2 Likes

tough

I was referring to points we already earn as seen below:

Not sure how those are calculated, but here are some additional ways users could earn:

• Points each day you login
  • Points for every transaction, much like credit card points i.e. a $5,000 dollar transaction would be 50 points (1%)

Physical products sound like a nightmare due to shipping/customs. Maybe digital gift cards to Amazon, etc. would be easier.

Might not be worth it or too complicated, but I’ve always enjoyed being able to redeem credit card points / collecting rewards from pizza places like Dominos and being able to redeem for a free pizza, etc.

3 Likes

What about rewarding with a digital collectible

1 Like

Definitely need to give people a good incentive to encourage them to do this– the swapd credits that could be used to purchase swapd related items would be ideal such as swapd credits, “7 day fee-free”, ad space, and other little perks would be a great start.

1 Like