Gmail, you've won. We give up

What if lets say the gmail is blocked on the way can u enter with proton mail?

Protonmail is an alternative to Gmail, and therefore if a Gmail account is disabled, you won’t be able to access it via ProtonMail. The recommendation currently, is to only deal with Gmail accounts if absolutely nessary, and look to alternative services such as ProtonMail.

I am actually thinking this method is the best at the moment, this way we do have some oversight, the seller makes the changes so it’s seen on the other end as an approved move, which should lower the overall risk.

What if both parties claim they dont have access to the og gmail?

Don’t understand.

It kind of works. There’s still risks involved of losing the OG email, and with you guys not directly transfering it a user could claim they never recieved the OG Gmail. I think this is a more risky deal than usual, and from now on I would recommend listings being required to list if the original email is hosted via Gmail. (This could pose a security risk, though if users know the platform the OGE is hosted on could make more inteilligent attacks against the user)

To counter that, I think we should tag all listings high risk if the OGE is on the following platforms:

• Yahoo
  • Russian mail thingy
  • Gmail

Thus, having a generic label such as “OGE RISK” or something along those lines, without specifying the actual platform would be better in terms of security.

Yes, it’s riskier, but our hands are tied for now. We are actually thinking about making a transfer tool but we’re not sure yet if it’s feasible. Don’t have the time to investigate for now.

Seems pretty solid, aslong as the seller is active and quick, this could actually save you time during checkout.

1 Like

Hah! We already had TWO complete lockouts (suspended Gmails) even when we took us out of the equation. Gmail has gone bat-■■■■-crazy. Conclusion? Even direct transfers of Gmail accounts are now risky.

I’m glad I don’t have to worry about my personal Google account’s security

1 Like

Lmao yes. That’s what I take from this thread. Love gmail security.

Never give up

1 Like

Just wait until you lose your phone/device while on vacation and login from the hotel WiFi :slight_smile: You may not like the outcome of that situation.

2 Likes

Hello! first reason of locking an account should be when two ip address ( different )are connected in same time. It’s like an instagram ( When 2 different Ip address are connected in same time instagram is locking automatic ) not sure if it’s 100% true but as i know it works. for example

When there is a deal ( when seller will remove his security / two step verification , SWAPD should login to account after few hours ( 5 - 10 hours ) )

i had one deal and account was locked but when i received an information about locks they said that reason of locking was two different Ip address in same time

Vlbrant

1 Like