Google News Approval - How to get get approved into Google News

Things to do:

1- Minimize your Ads max 1- 2 per page.

2- Focus on one category. (Focus on local news. You can add multiple categories, but my advice is to work on one category. Ratio should be 9:1. 9 local News and one News related to other categories)

3- Authors and publication dates should be visible on all post’s and on front page.

4- Add Privacy Policy, Editorial Policies, Advertising Policy, About Us and other pages to your primary menu and footer menu.

-> Remember, these are the pages that will be visited by Google team.

5- No Fake News and don’t use Aggregated News.

6- Create all Social Profiles and link them to your website.

7- Hosting should be good.

8- Articles length should be 150-300 word’s unique articles, no spin content. Spin or copied content are not reliable and Google will sense it.

9- While submitting, submit only for the category for which you are creating 90% articles.

10- Before submitting remember to verify your website to Google Search Console add Google Analytics code to your site and add proper redirects to your broken links.

11- Remove all sitemaps and add only “news-sitemap.xml”

These are the basics I have shared here that will increase your chances of getting approval by 98% and 2% is your luck.

Thanks
Shoaib

12 Likes

@markbmedia tips for you!

Thank you @sai542 !!!

1 Like

Any risk in getting approved for Google news if our news are aggregated from others?

2 Likes

if its aggregated its unlikely… on a side note if you are looking for more news sources PM me as i run a load of sites.

1 Like

do share them as lot of people don’t know.

the review process is manual and there are little chances that you get away with that.

Thanks

1 Like

how many articles you need on a new website to get approved?

it depends sometimes you get approval with just 10-12 news articles and sometimes you have to try for a month with daily 10 articles.

The policy has changed now on getting approved on google news, its almost automated at this point

2 Likes

yes. the new sites are in pending from December. no update yet on those.

I find its easier now. I’ve approved many sites on Google news. Just have to submit in publisher center. And pretty much follow the outline you mentioned above. But sometimes you don’t even need to

2 Likes

Good to know!:+1:

1 Like

Also always recommend yoast news add on if you have a news site. Will help with ranking.

I just approved a site 3 days ago

3 Likes

I used to use All in One SEO Pack plugin, which one is better?

1: Yoast (paid)
2: XML Sitemap & Google News (Free one)

1 Like

There is a weird glitch now in 2020, that even if your news site is approved it wont show in google news search

dont forget to also apply at pubhub for bing news!

1 Like

Not glitch but they are now using AI for picking up news.
As they said you dont need to apply for Google News.