How To Know Your Account's Value

I’m seeing 300k accounts selling for $600 and 75k accounts selling for $2k on Swapd. My question is how do I know how much an account is actually worth? (In regards to selling accounts)

I don’t expect a clear-cut answer, because I understand there’s a lot of variables, but what are some key things to look out for?

1. Are there specific niches that make an account more valuable?
  2. What is an okay, good, and great engagement rate? 3%? 6%? 10%?
  3. Does follower region matter? Are US followers more or less valuable compared to AUS?

Open to discuss anything!

I am not an expert but in my opinion the answers should be:

1. Yes, there are some niches which are more valuable. They are for example investing, real estate, travel, etc.
  2. It all depends on the number of followers but on a good 100k account I’d be expecting at least 5-10%.
  3. Yes, demographics matter. The most valuable regions are USA, UK, AUS and even Canada. The least valuable followers are from Asian countries or even countries like Brazil, Mexico, etc.

All of the things above may differ based on many things. The account could have an OG username or it could be making a lot of income, etc.

Here is an old article you should read:

It applies to IG but the general rules mentioned there apply to all platforms.

Basically targeted niches that u can sell items and build around it a business. If there is a niche like that (for example cats/money related) it would be easier to make money which make the value of the account higher. Also engagement/demographic and other insights are really important.

2 Likes