📱 How To Secure a SnapChat Account

:iphone: How To Secure a SnapChat Account:

Step 1: If the account has a phone number linked, ask the seller to remove it by adding it to a new (another) account. If you want your own to be linked, make sure it’s a fresh one that has not been used on SnapChat before, ask the seller to link it as only the seller is able to.

Step 2: If the account comes with OGE, confirmed e-mail, or unconfirmed e-mail, and the seller has access to it, secure and confirm it & keep that e-mail on the account. Otherwise if the account has no e-mail attached, or the seller lost access to that e-mail, ask the seller to link your own e-mail.

Step 3: Wait 24 hours, then upon logging in, wait an additional 24 hours, then change the password under my account » password, or under “forgot your password?” on a new login screen.

Step 4: Delete billing / credit card details if any under my account » payments.

Step 5: Enable 2FA under my account » two-factor authentication. Make sure you click on “forget devices” for all the devices apart from yours.

Step 6: Validate info via Accounts • Snapchat » scroll all the way down » confirm your email » submit request.

Notes:

— If your account gets locked, you may attempt an unlock via Accounts • Snapchat.

— Do not use a device and/or IP address that has had a banned SnapChat account on in the past.

— If you are changing the e-mail, use a reputable domain such as Gmail. Avoid using protonmail.

— Have patience, SnapChat is very strict, fully securing a SnapChat account can take upwards of 3 days.

— Due to the fact that you cannot swap SnapChat usernames, it is very unlikely that you are receiving the OGE.

— If you see “Try again later / something went wrong”, do not do anything and wait 24-48 hours, then attempt to resume the securing process.

— Between each step, it’s important to wait 12-24 hours. While waiting, do not logout of the account. Let SnapChat familiarize with your device & IP.

1 Like