How to secure YouTube Channel?! you should see this

Hello, Swapd community!

Today I will discuss how to secure a YouTube channel, Why you should secure it? Well, if you bought or you’re going to buy a channel then you should know that nowadays it’s very easy to lose your channel.

First of all, if you bought a channel and lost it in a few months & years then it will be hard to get your channel back without having information

What you should do after buying ?

Step 1. Save Adsense ID

If your channel is monetized then go to YouTube studio > Monetization, and you will be able to see an Adsense, please copy Adsense ID it and paste into your SAFE folder (Adsense Associate time too) after saving old Adsense ID, you should change by your new Adsense

How to find an Adsense ?

Why you should save it ? if you lose your channel, then YouTube support will ask you about channel information, and you should have a piece of information.

Step 2. Save User ID & channel ID

Go to channel and click channel photo ( screenshot below ) then you will be able to visit Settings

When you’re into channels settings, you can see Advanced settings, You have to see ( User ID & channel ID )
You have to save both IDs (YouTube support will ask you about it if you lost your channel)

Step 3. Security

Go to channel settings and View or change your Google Account settings (screenshot below) once you’re here, you will have to edit & change all information (verification codes/recovery options, etc)

What do you have to edit & change?

Step 4. Description

Go to channel > YouTube studio > Customisation and edit channel contact email & set up your description, make sure you’ve published it.

May you wonder about verify phone number, I was trying to change it. I’ve contacted YouTube support, and I got their reply. here you go.

1. Change the phone number on your account & how it's used - Computer - Google Account Help

2. Change the phone number on your account & how it's used - Computer - Google Account Help

• If you’re interested in how to get in touch with YouTube support without sending emails and spending your time, please comment below, and I will make a new one!

• I can make one topic about how to recover your stolen channel ( if you have information ), if Swapd allows me

9 Likes

Thank you so much for this!!!

2 Likes

Nice work, @Brant.

1 Like

Hope it helps :eyes:

Thank you, I really appreciate you taking the time to express that.

3 Likes

Hey something I have learned also is when buying should get original email or brand transfer channel to buyer email which take 7 day

You can’t check if an email is OGE or not. I also recommend transferring the channel to your email address.

1 Like

Ah wow no way to check like maybe an old email?

And yeah I’ve read the brand transfer is a safe way. However after the 7 day, is it for sure impossible for channel to be pulled back? Like to previous owner email?

Unfortunately, no.

It is possible, but only via support.

2 Likes