IG accounts keep getting shadowbanned

Guys I run 3-4 IG accounts, some sexy girl, some animal ones

I really make sure things are clean, accounts are in the range of 2M > 4M followers
Never used any fake followers etc etc
As for content, yes before say 6-12 months ago was def stuff that is borderline, like underboob shots or pictures where the girl looks like she is taking off her top but is not - now everything for 6 months I kept it clean, anything that is even borderline i remove.

My situation is, all my accounts I manage, 1 month good, then 2 week shadowban, then again on and off always. I know alot of people who seem to struggle with this. I posted on Reddit for help and so many others said they have same situation.

At the moment to get out of shadowban the only successful trial and error method I have is just NOT TO POST ANYTHING! and it comes out sometimes 3 days sometimes 2 weeks. However it’s unpredictable I never know when it comes out and then again after 2 weeks again the same accounts go into shadowban.

Can anybody help or know what to do? It’s really demotivating and no one reddit, twitter, IG ofc don’t help even if you write them on support or Twitter…literally no one I know, knows anything how to fix this.

I should mention that I use the app LATER for scheduling content, someone said it could be because I use that - however LATER is an official IG partner, it’s not just a random third party tool. Also I use ONE PHONE, to acess all 4 accounts + my personal one, I really don’t think that can be the problem also.

Please help, willing to pay to somoene who genuinely knows how to get accounts out of shadowbans

1 Like

don’t post anything before 14 days are passed. Looks like your pages are with ShadowBan.

1. Remove any questionable 3rd party apps or software that has access to your Instagram account.

To check what apps and websites have access to your IG account:

• Sign into IG on desktop
  • Go to “Settings”
  • Go to “Apps and Websites”
  • Remove potentially questionable apps and websites that you have allowed access to your account in the past

2. Cease using bots, automation, or engagement pods to try to get around the IG algorithm and boost your engagement

It’s 2021… the Instagram algorithm is highly sophisticated and the days of thinking we have a chance at outsmarting it are long gone.

Yes, there are bots and software that are still functioning on Instagram… but that will not be the case for long.

The only long-term option going forward on Instagram is to abide by their Terms of Service and start growing your account the right way… without trying to take shortcuts.

3. Avoid using banned and recently blacklisted hashtags

We went over the usage of banned hashtags and the risks involved… but you also need to be wary of using popular hashtags that are suddenly blacklisted on the platform after hitting mass numbers.

For example, on Christmas, Thanksgiving, 4th of July, et cetera, the hashtag of the day will be used in such mass by users on the platform… Instagram will suddenly (and without warning) ‘blacklist’ that hashtag, causing everyone who uses that hashtag (after the moment of blacklisting) to be shadowbanned.

Again, the people who used the hashtag before the blacklisting will not be affected… but users who make posts after IG does this will risk being shadowbanned.

4. Using repetitive or irrelevant hashtags over and over

Again, Instagram’s algorithm is highly sophisticated and you can’t outsmart it… especially at this point in 2021.

If you’re using irrelevant hashtags, or if you’re using the same hashtags over and over in posts… you’re going to get hit by the Instagram Shadowban.

Here’s what to do instead:

You should only be using highly relevant hashtags in your posts. Don’t use generic hashtags like #love, #happy, et cetera.

Also, be sure to only make hashtags in your caption.

Why?

You can’t edit hashtags in comments. If you get hit by a shadowban, you have to delete your entire comment, which deletes hashtags that you might still be showing up when you search for those hashtags.

By making your hashtags only in your caption, you can simply remove the hashtags for which you’ve been shadowbanned.

5. Reach out to Instagram through their IG support page

Once you remove the potentially questionable 3rd party software that might have had access to your account, you need to then reach out to Instagram through the IG app.

Yes, Instagram support actually does read support requests like these (even though you most likely won’t get an email reply from them when you send them a request).

Here’s what you need to say:

You need to inform IG in your message that your followers are not able to see your posts in their feeds and they aren’t able to find you in search.

Important note:

Do NOT mention you suspect you are under a shadowbox. Just describe what is happening and explain that this is hurting your brand/business because of this bug.

6. Commenting, liking, or DMing too much

The shadowban is also watching for any spam or non-human activity. If you’re making 40 comments in 1 hour, Instagram doesn’t like that and will punish you.

Also, if you’re sending a bunch of DMs all at once to a multitude of people, Instagram could think you’re betting or using a 3rd party service and could mistakenly punish you again.

Act like a human. Don’t be mistaken for a bot.

7. You’re getting reported

If your account or you comments/DMs are getting reported by users, you can be subjected to a shadowban as well.

You won’t get shadowbanned right away, but if enough people mass report you… you can absolutely be subjected to getting a shadowban or even an account ban from the platform.

8. Take a break from Instagram for a few days or even a week

Many people have come out and shown that after taking 2-7 days off from Instagram, their shadowbans were lifted.

In conclusion:

There are no shortcuts when it comes to growing an audience on Instagram. If you’re trying to game the algorithm, you already lost.

By Andrewlee ventures , I am not writer of this article.

1 Like

I understand all this but there are accounts that continue to do provocative material and their accounts grow and don’t get banned - how and why?

i don’t know , i had shadow banned account and it was fixed itself

Yes “I don’t know” is one of the most common replies i get from people lol.
Seems no one knows this and there is nothing one can do except just sit it out and wait.

Have you checked the account status? If you have violations there, you should consider appealing them.

Also these are the special guidelines IG uses to determine the reach your account will get https://help.instagram.com/313829416281232

I am having the same issue.

Still can’t figure it out.

Did the method above work for you?

Is any automation like Later or Creator Studio not good?