Important information regarding future invoices from SWAPD

Well a double-tax agreement is optional, so they can choose to do so

You could be right but then this is only because your consultant is creative.

Even if the worldwide thing changes the vat place, I dont get why IG followers makes the place of supply intl.

Anyway, im starting my weekend, bye

1 Like

Not really. It’s because my consultant has a ton, and I mean a ton of experience. Some of his clients revenue very, very big (multiM) a year, so he knows his game.

This is not because he is creative, it’s because he knows what being audited by tax office is, and how hard it is to make things stick it they’re BS.

Let’s keep the chat civil, please. It’s Friday, go have some fun.

6 Likes

Deleted a bunch of posts. Please go out and have fun. Have a great weekend.

7 Likes

We don’t really have a choice, either agree to the terms or leave the site.
…Wait, can we protest, is that an option?

this aint murica

After searching Escrow.com for some guidance on how to instruct users with taxes, this is all I found:

Taxes, customs, and import fees are typically the responsibility of the Seller, but the Seller is free to negotiate any additional fees as part of the purchase price.

And I am here going over my head trying to do what’s right to educate our members.

Amazon also has limited information regarding invoices/taxes other than “consult your tax advisor” etc. They literally have a few paragraphs voiding themselves from any responsibility. @dorham, it looks like we will take the same route, just don’t have the manpower to research and write tutorials for each part of the world.

Well, nobody expects you to be the scoundrels those guys are, the whole idea of Swapd (at least the way I see it) is the close client relation. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What I am worried about is actually providing false or incorrect guidance in such matters, as then we may be held liable. We’re not accountants, so I believe we may take the easy way out.

4 Likes

Hey guys i’m new here & i’ve signed up on behalf of my boss.

Curious as to what these means for me in the UK
& also
Would there be any reason that the seller might not want to issue us an invoice for the main portion of the transaction? We’ll need receipts…

I will refer to what I posted previously:

Taxes, customs, and import fees are typically the responsibility of the Seller, but the Seller is free to negotiate any additional fees as part of the purchase price.

We’re unfamiliar with tax laws, especially with the UK now and Brexit. Many factors come into play as sellers, mainly sellers tax status and location. You will need to discuss this with your tax advisor and the seller, as we will only provide taxable invoices on our service fee.

1 Like

Here is step one: Taxes and invoices
Step two is to create generic B2B and personal invoices for members to download to those who may need them. We’re also in process of changing our Transaction Contract + Terms of Service.

2 Likes

I’m in deep shat because of this at the moment. I can’t count my Swapd purchases as expenses for my business, since I need a fully complient invoice, which increases my tax burden.

Sorry for bumping this

You are, in fact, in deep shat, then. Invoicing should be requested at the point of sale, from the sellers and SWAPD. You would need to hunt down all the people you purchased from and ask for invoices, and I can tell you right now, this will be a difficult task. From our end, we can only invoice you for our fee, and for transactions since Jan 1st 2023. And, we cannot edit/alter them in any way because we file taxes every month. So the info on the invoices will be the same as the payment remitter.

Crypto only

Any nerd that doesn’t take crypto and pays taxes

YOU SUCK