Important reminder: Upselling services of other SWAPD members is NOT allowed and we will terminate your membership if you choose to do so!

It’s unfair to the buyers (and sellers) when you upsell someone on SWAPD. Today, we will begin a mini-purge and perform an investigation to see if any sellers are engaged in this tactic. You can upsell SWAPD services on other sites, and you can upsell SWAPD services directly to your clients, but do not try to make a profit by reselling services other users provide on the same website. We’ve already demoted one DC member and banned another. We will not tolerate this. Be fair to the buyers. If you cannot service them, DON’T DO IT. Point them to someone who does. You bring no value to SWAPD by upselling. You’re only a leech who sucks off money from buyers.

/end of rant

30 Likes

Also just to be clear. Purchased accounts can be resold on Swapd. As long as you actually purchase it first. Services cannot be resold, ever.

14 Likes

Damn leeches.

Indeed!

Good rule. I feel like this happens a lot with PR sellers

1 Like

What DC member was doing this? :exploding_head:

Thank you :pray:t3:

I agree with you guys. However, banning someone and removing them from your platform just like that sounds a bit too hard. Especially if it’s a DC Member, some people may have to maintain their life through swapd, and they get removed just like that. There is no 100% clarity and structure in the money game. You sometimes need to improvise. But that’s just my option. Your house, your rules.

But, most people here can’t serve anyway by themselves. We all use vendors and resellers that use resellers that may know someone who‘s offering specific services. Of course, with exception.

Again, your house. But I don’t see it like this. You suck money if you A) Scam someone, B) Don‘t deliver on your promises, or C) Re sell with a markup of 10000%. This won’t be ethical at all. But as long the buyer agrees to the price and gets what he wants, the transaction is successful. And everyone is happy.

9 Likes

Agreed, a ban instant is steep unless they kept repeatedly doing it.

3 Likes

That’s why forums like BHW don’t allow reselling.

In this case, the DC user had been reselling for a good while. To clarify; no DC users were banned. A regular user got a 2 month ban for reselling on-site.

2 Likes

And that is fine as long you use and resell to OUTSIDE sources. I want SWAPD members to treat each other like family, even though it may sound stupid. Don’t use each other for personal gains.

And the DC member was demoted, not banned. He can still use SWAPD. The other ban was issued towards a new member.

2 Likes

I am not happy. I will ban like there is no tomorrow if I keep finding upsellers, even though this means a loss of revenue for our company. I mean, we could keep a blind eye and just let everyone deal. More money for us, right? NO! Next time someone says we’re only in this for money, I am punching them in the face.

5 Likes

Let’s find out how long the buyer’s happiness will last when they realize they could have saved $10,000.

2 Likes

Between could save and screwed for 10k is a big difference. What if I tell you there are people selling username claims for 10k, but they pay by themselves 2k? Does it bother me? No, I pay for it. I‘m comfortable with the price. If not, I look for someone who’s doing it cheaper.

This actually supports Monopol structures. By allowing only the real providers offer their service here. Basically, 5%. The others are just buyers

1 Like

Is it? If you later realized that you could have saved $10,000, you would feel screwed over, especially believing that you were dealing directly with the vendor.

No one would feel comfortable paying $10,000, knowing the service is actually $2000. That’s nonsense.

1 Like

Well, that’s business. People always pay less for what you‘re buying it for. A healthy economy can’t work just by wholesale or leading vendors. It’s like sending people to farms to buy their milk instead of the Supermarket.

I understand you guys where it comes from. Anyway, I‘m just a buyer here. If you ban users for that, most of your top vendors will be included since everyone supports each other. Or you force them to connect off-site, which is not pleasant.

1 Like

Of course, you’re right about that. However, it is not fair to resell services on-site, claiming to be the vendor and then marking up the price substantially. For off-site clients, sure. People often want to avoid searching for a reliable vendor, marketplace, etc., because they are too lazy.

1 Like

You guys know what you’re doing. Just shared my opinion. Swapd is great and I appreciate the existence.

3 Likes

Thats mental who can anyone resell a swapd service in swapd loool

2 Likes