Instagram Account Hacked & Email, Pw & Phone changed - 2FA bypassed & deactivated

Dear Fam,

I am facing a massive issue. One of my Instagram Network account with 195k Followers was hacked in the first week of November and I have been unable to get it back.

The hacker instantly changed the Email , Password and attached a foreign number to my account. He kept the username.

I got multiple requests via mail and I pressed that I did not login and tried to recover my account but it always redirects me to either broken links or to the instagram support center where I can’t find a solution for my problem.

I cant get my account back because links/codes are sent to hackers mail.

I had 2 Factor authentication on, a very strong password but the hacker somehow managed to enter my account and even deactivate 2 factor authentication. (I thought you would need an 2FA code to deactivate the 2FA but sadly thats not the case.)

I first noticed a popup on the instagram app that someone was trying to login & instantly changed my Password & my mail to make sure I have control of everything. (2FA was on - I even have 2FA recovery codes on my hand)

A short time later I was logged out, all credentials changed.

The hacker started & continues doing some weird stuff on the account, messaging people, brands & other people we affiliate with.

I would appreciate if anyone could assist me or hint me into the right direction to get this sorted before the hacker decides to do some more damage.
Already lost 20k+ of our audience in the matter of weeks.
Still have access to the OG mail.

Getting in contact with instagram has been an absolute nightmare all requests to contact them have been answered with a generic message like:

Hi,

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us, but unfortunately we can't support this type of request through this channel.

We won't be able to take any further action on this report.

Please visit the Help Center to find the best way to report this kind of issue:
    [https://help.instagram.com?ref=cr](https://help.instagram.com/?ref=cr)

If you are having trouble accessing your account, please visit the following link to view the options available to you:
    https://help.instagram.com/374546259294234?ref=cr

Thanks,

Instagram

All steps suggested in the helpcenter have been tried unfortunately none solve the problem.

Thanks a lot!
I will attach some screenshots for reference, would appreciate any assistance.

From my experience, all these support forms, etc. are useless and unless there’s your information when you click Need more help (first screenshot) there’s not much you can do without having a panel or some other form of direct contact with IG.

1 Like

Thanks Patrikk,
Thats what I am concluding. Unfortunately, when I press need more help, it doest give me any steps to recover my account like it should be.
In the help centre they claim pressing on need more help will lead you to some type of form where you can claim back your account, unfortunately none of that works for my case.