Instagram is having issues - accounts are getting banned

According to news sites and DownDetector, Instagram accounts are being randomly and automatically banned.

Hopefully an issue they can resolve fast. But if you’ve suffered the same fate today, chances are that it’s because of this.

15 Likes

Crazy!

I lost so many followers I wanted to cry :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/InstagramComms/status/1587085563794018305

3 Likes

It’s fixed now.

2 Likes

There is no way they won’t perform a rollback, it’s the only and most logical solution, I was told that it may be due to the fact that they forced a new update on their app but who knows… but knowing instagram / meta they’ll probably leave it be and tell people to submit a ticket, this is going to cause such a large back log… hopefully they just perform a rollback :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

It’s all fixed now. They’re only losing followers from the deleyed accounts

Yep lost a few hundred followers on multiple accounts so knew something was wrong haha

I’m still banned, I got this as the ban reason and still haven’t been unbanned, not sure if the pages being unbanned are still progress or not but we’ll see.

Thats not the same issue as everyone else. This is a normal ban not part of the wave.

Trying logging into the account.

Weird because it logged me out literally an hour ago when it was happening to others, I also didn’t get the 24 hour wait for the disagree without the decision option

I tried and it’s still giving me the learn more option etc…

It was fixed for some accounts. Not for all.

2 Likes

I can reactivate instagram account, contact me for details.

I thought the same, I feel like they’re performing a rollback and certain pages will be back and others will take a while to restore, it could take a day or so as it seemed like a big bug.

1 Like

same I woke up with thousands lost and was like WTFFFF. They are slowly coming back tho already got 2k back today.

My account was restored by itself a few hours ago

2 Likes

Yeah me too!! Thank god