iOS push notifications are back! Here is how to enable them!

Please see this guide for up to the latest instructions:

16 Likes

Bump because important.

How do we do it if we alreayd have the web app installed?

Delete the app, start over as the instructions say.

Effort.

1 Like

I can’t make it any clearer than the instructions.

2 Likes

It doesn’t work for me.

looks SEXY @SWAPD

How can I get the black icon like you? Is it something new?

Delete it and download it again

1 Like

Sweet!!!

1 Like

We cannot help if you don’t provide more details.

1 Like

I also have been through the entire instructions twice already and it doesn’t work. No push notifications just like before.

2 Likes

Same, not working for me. Have to rely on the Telegram bot still for push notifications.

2 Likes

Yeah we’re still looking into it. Sorry about it :frowning: The core of Discourse promised to have this fixed, but apparently it’s still not working on SWAPD.

1 Like

We’ve made some changes that (at least in our case) helped. The main issue is/was that iOS notifications stopped working after a few hours, and users had to go to SWAPD preferences > notifications to disable/enable them again. This only worked for a few hours, and you would have to repeat the process over and over again.

Our devs made some changes last night that (in my instance) helped the notifications stay alive for two days in a row now. If any of you would be kind enough to test and report, but before you do, go to your notifications settings and disable/enable them.

Just so we’re clear, it’s APPLE this time that’s causing this issue, because SWAPD 3.2 truly did fix the problem on our end. As of recently, iOS wanted to scrap the home screen notifications for everyone, but for some reason, they changed their mind yet again.

2 Likes

Still working, I think it’s finally solved.

Reminder to people who have problems with iOS notifications!

1. Open your device’s Settings.
  2. Scroll down and select Safari.
  3. Continue scrolling to the bottom and tap Advanced.
  4. At the bottom, access Feature Flags.
  5. Locate Notifications settings and ensure they are turned ON.
1 Like

I don’t know if this is just me but on the iOS version, since today, all my of notifications have been significantly delayed. I was just send 5 notifications at once, all of which actually happened hours ago from this morning and afternoon (all of which I had already seen long ago, too)