Is Facebook the wild west for monetizing reused content?

I was reminiscing the pre reused content days on YouTube where you could monetize any channel without any checks and just upload and monetize any video as long as it didn’t get copyright claimed or copyright striked.

I have no experience running Facebook pages but am I right to assume Facebook is still something like that? Are demonetizations a big thing? What is the borderline for what does and does not consitute reused content and what are the consequences?

1 Like

You’ll get demonetized VERY quickly on FB. Coming from someone who’s been on FB for 8+ years with tons of pages

4 Likes

Yeap, and once your page gets demonetized you have literally no chance of getting it back for a good coupe of months easily.

in the worst cases, you will never monetize it again probably.

2 Likes

How are all these pages posting random viral videos that they clearly didn’t make themselves earning money?

I guess proper editing. In some cases, they are reacting, doing voiceovers, titles, etc. there are ways of getting through. It is indeed the wild west…

i would say it’s definitely the wild west because they have all these rules in place, they’re letting AI make literally all the decisions and there’s little to no human involvement. That means ■■■■ makes no sense whatsoever.

When i started monetizing my artist page i had a limited originality of content strike on my page……but all my content was original. Come to find out they were penalizing me for posting my OWN music on my page, because my distributor was claiming it -,-.

there’s also something called a Rights Manager, in a perfect world a content creator would gain access to the rights manager, upload their content to prevent or monetize people resharing their content. What actually happens is content creators can’t gain access to it because facebook says they “can’t prove they actually own the content”……but some random does get access to it, they upload other peoples content and can get the original creator demonetized for unoriginal content.

that’s about as wild wild west as it gets.

2 Likes