Is Flipping Pages Dying?

that is cool

Coming back to this post, in my opinion the current market is not something temporary from what i see. People are losing interest in buying pages in general.

1 Like

Yes this is true.

Influencer marketing is dieing too. brands aren’t spending as much as they were because creators aren’t converting much anymore for brands. Even creators like Mr beast aren’t hitting the ROIS. I worked for BetterHelp last year . We paid Mr beast 215k for a 60 sec integration and barely got a few k back in terms of sign ups. Other brands have had same issue

1 Like

So what’s the alternative? I still believe SM is the best way to advertise. Brands are spending as much as people aren’t spending as much. If you follow the news you can see that all around the world people are in financial hardship. Tax hikes, wars, covid, economic battles between superpowers, political unrest, etc. The world has gone crazy in the past 2-3 years and we’re seeing the result of it now. From our standpoint, at the current moment, I can tell you that:

1. The NUMBER of transactions on SWAPD is virtually the same. This has not changed at all. We do 800-1000 tickets per month.
  2. Traffic is slightly down ATM (around 15%), but we blame summer-time for that.
  3. What did change are the prices. OMG did prices drop for SM assets. It’s sad to see. Is it saturation or lack of interest from buyers? We don’t know.
  4. Removal of premium services (verifications) has cut our revenue by 50%. However, we’re seeing a sharp rise in other services such as claims/unbans. Those are on a rise and new members are starting to shine through the fog with their sales numbers.

I just don’t see social media going away to the point where people lose interest in buying/selling. It can’t. Unless people all of a sudden stop being vein and stop connecting online with other people. What’s the alternative? Go back to emails and text messages? Rich multi-media apps that allow you to connect with the world are here to stay, because there is no other way. Are we in a bear market? IMO, that’s a 100% fact. Past 2-3 months have been horrible all across the board. The only thing we can do is wait and hope for the best.

4 Likes

I think managing an agency that owns people’s personal brands is the way to go now. Utilizing SWAPD is the best way to jump start this

I’ve been studying this case for the past few days and how it was done

(https://x.com/aintgottadollar?s=21&t=7XOwxI4XZfZpET0jyBNasg)

This guy gained 355k twitter followers in 4 days, selling out shows this week and getting millions of streams, because he signed to an agency that paid every conservative Twitter account to go against the establishment in a country song

It’s not about sponsoring the creators it’s all about OWNING the creators now

1 Like

Summer does have a big impact on this as well. Once summer is over people will have nothing to do but go back to business.

1 Like

I think the price drop is more reflective of the real value of the products/services. 2020-2022 people had virtually unlimited money to spend (low interest rates, NFT/web3 boom, etc) and there was an all high desire for social media services.

With Twitter/Meta offering paid verification services, there is no real incentive anymore to pay someone else to verify these accounts. Barely anyone can qualify for tiktok verification these days, so the whole verification niche is sort of dying.

Imo i think these activity levels are going to be the future, until the next boom

1 Like

Isn’t it amazing that we talk about social media assets/services like they were commodities? :smiley:

2 Likes

Still waiting for the SWAPD sponsorship to open a IRL shop on Melrose (Downtown LA for the noobs) where people can buy social media accounts and services In a physical store and make it look like a hype beast store :rofl: agencies and LA people would eat it up

2 Likes

Mr Zuckerberg comes into the store, THEN WHAT?

@devani describe your daily duties as an agency owner.

Zuck lives in NorCal and runs a billionaire dollar company. It’s like Kanye caring what a hype beast store is selling. Never gonna come in

As a Melrose SWAPD agency owner I would manage my store similar to Cool kicks LA on Melrose (millions of dollars a year biz)

(https://instagram.com/coolkicksla?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==)

Have accounts and services on the wall ( kind of like shoes) shown on IPads that are listed on swapd (with cool LED lights around it etc).

Have one wall for Twitter, one for insta/ FB one for tik tok , one for everything else

Melrose is arguably the second most popular street in California next to rodeo drive and THE most popular street for resellers . Thousands of people walk the street everyday coming to spend $$$

Daily activities, managing top LA clients building relationships , scheduling in person workers, managing the social media marketing team for the space

1 Like

You can flip quality assets. It’s just the matter of time!

That would be the coolest thing ever but so unviable :joy:

2 Likes

That. Quality still brings in money. Also, SWAPD always was a service-orientated website. 80% of our sales come from services and not from sales of accounts/pages. This wasn’t our intention when we created the site, but that’s how we ended up. Services still bring in the most revenue for us and the sellers.

1 Like

What kind of services? I wasn’t aware that you guys offered services.

We don’t. Our sellers do. LITERALLY a whole range of services:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.