Is Flipping Pages Dying?

Lately im seeing that are less and less buyers looking for pages and the time it takes for even premium accounts to sell is really long. Maybe is this market dying out ? What are you guys thoughts?

5 Likes

We can tell you how things are from our perspective. We’ve noticed that:

1. The amount of staff workload has dropped slightly, but we’re still managing tons of transactions. The problem is, we keep noticing the prices drop.
  2. We’re tracking our competitors, and we’ve noticed an industry-wide decline in traffic over the past two months. FameSwap lost 36% of traffic in a short few weeks.
  3. Our competitors (even the small, really sketchy-looking sites) all started buying Google Ads. That can only mean they’re hurting, also.
  4. Lots of tiny buy/sell websites popped up in the past months. Some of them are so bad it’s hard to look at them. But for some reason, they’re on top of search results. This further dilutes the buyer/seller pool.
  5. We’ve had constant growth over the years on SWAPD. Our revenue doubled every year. However, 2023 isn’t looking good, and it seems that due to the slowdown, we’ve stopped growing.

If I was going to guess, it’s a combination of all points above, in addition to the world financial and inflation crisis, that places us where we’re at today. When people have other things to worry about, buying likes/pages may not be at the top of their to-do lists.

To recap, I believe we’re seeing a bear market type of condition for our industry. Will it recover? Who knows. I seriously can’t imagine it not recovering. Social media is everything these days, so I guess it’s just a matter of time until the world is in a better place and things settle down.

25 Likes

No where near close. You just gotta think of new ways to advertise

5 Likes

John Cena Mind Blown GIF

2 Likes

i have a theory that all these monetization programs and reels features are pushing the younger crowed to their limits with becoming an online influencer. I’m seeing it everywhere, where a massive increase of teens and even people in their 20-30’s are trying harder than ever to become an influencer. (could be just my personal pool)

I myself and i’m sure others on here can agree that it has been easier to grow pages via reels/stolen content via tiktok and such. People are beginning to realize how easy it really is just spamming yourself/making news/memes rather than even having the thought of spending money on likes/followers.

We have blue badges now, we have reels that easily hit millions in a few days, we have monetization. All of these which social platforms have promoted so heavily.

A wel known trend i see everyday is influencers blowing up on tiktok (which is very easy) then funneling everyone to their other platforms. This works flawlessly as you don’t get any bots and gain loyal followers. This could be showing others how easy it really is.

there’s a lot that plays a huge role in this especially economically but as @SWAPD mentioned i don’t ever see the market staying down. I just think it’s a bigger movement and new era for pages and upcoming influencers is all.

2 Likes

Adapt and overcome!

Not easy at all lmao😂 you may get lucky and grow 1 page but not many and if you sell one after growing for months and months for small cash nothing compares to buying ready and flipping it and making instant cash!

3 Likes

What i see these days is that pages that are proven to be valuable (making money trough: promos, stores) are really easy to sell, good engagement and a lot of followers is not enough in my opinion.

I haven’t ran a Verified tik tok account store since squid games, when I was selling Halloween masks. We made $16,000 in the three days of Halloween and posted 15 Pierces of content only

Example content we made: pulling a squid out of a lake in the middle of the desert while wearing the masks we were selling

But I’m thinking of restarting the stores.

I have seening Etsy stores popping off via Twitter pages and others platforms because AI is making digital goods cost effective to make.

Maybe this could be a good pitch? Find people who are looking to make drop shipping stores and sell them pages ?

Selling a store that is making money is literally hot bread here on SWAPD or in any platform but in the deal you obviously have to include the source of traffic in the deal.

2 Likes

Well, am currently trying to flip two adult Twitter pages (…pages for the first time ever), I’m only personally finding out now after reading so many positives on this. I guess It’ll be a learning curve for me!

1 Like

Previously, one Instagram verified account was priced at an average of $2000, now it’s $500-600.
Twitter accounts were previously sold for an average of $ 3000, now it is $ 200

Social media accounts lost value due to monthly subscription fees initiated by Twitter and Instagram (verified badge)

And finally, the reason for the decrease in the price of tiktok approved accounts is because there are too many approved tiktok accounts in the market, sellers reduce the price when the account is not sold.

5 Likes

I believe that over the past years, everyone got used to earning a monthly wage selling 1-2 accounts. While that’s still possible, it’s a lot harder :slight_smile: LIKE IF YOU AGREE!

5 Likes

What do yall think are the things an account has to have to be sold fast in this bear market? Low price? High Engagement? According to Swapd analytics what have in common accounts that are being sold more frequently?@SWAPD

@SWAPD

Not overinflated prices and high engagement will always sell. Bear market or not.

2 Likes

I don’t think so, my sales rate has never been high
I’m selling highest amout of accounts I ever sold in my career

But the thing is that usually before I was selling crappy accounts and it was good, everyone wanted it
Nowdays no one wants cheap accounts, only high quality

4 Likes

Agreed,

As someone who buys accounts often, I wouldn’t ever buy an account with any accounts that dont have a predominantly US following. If I even see Indian followers I stay away.

No hate on Indians, but yall are useless in terms of monetizing etc

3 Likes

what kind of channels you want ? niche?

YT animal monetized