It's official: US Bans TikTok! (Unless China decides to sell it)

UPDATE: It seems the executive order included a clause which says that TikTok, if sold to the US, will still be allowed to run in the States. See this post made by @Jjg for more info.

President Donald Trump signed an executive order on Thursday banning transactions with ByteDance, the parent company of popular app TikTok . The White House also announced that he signed a similar order banning transactions with WeChat, the messaging app owned by Tencent that is ubiquitous in China, but has a much smaller presence than TikTok in the United States, where it is used mainly by members of the Chinese diaspora.

Source: Trump signs orders banning US business with TikTok owner ByteDance and Tencent's WeChat | TechCrunch

We recommend that users hold off on buying/selling TikTok accounts, but we’re not forbidding tickets to users who still wish to buy/sell them. Remember, the United States isn’t the entire world, and TikTok is still super popular everywhere else. There is also a good chance this is all a part of a political dance and a power move made by two big superpowers. Who knows what will happen down the line. This may be a good time to buy, or a horrible time to buy :smiley: The choice is yours.

9 Likes

So much for my plans to be the #1 supplier of TikTok on SWAPD.

7 Likes

I blame you.

Anyway im buying tiktoks with us audience for cheap hit me up. Buying unlimited accs

1 Like

Hang on guys. Not sure if you’re fully informed. Trump said Byte must sell TikTok to a USA company within 45 days. It’s not going to be deleted, as they’ll do whatever they can to sell it within the allocated time. Microsoft are already in deep discussions about buying them and the final sale price will no doubt be in the billions…

@SWAPD

Oh wow! Thanks for that, @Jjg. I will correct my post now.

Crazy to think he’s doing so much for tiktok and so little in other fields :joy:

2 Likes

I can’t believe he is doing this pre-election. He will lose a lot of the young vote.

6 Likes

Why does USA treat the world like there is no other country like it?
I don’t like TikTok for my own reasons but the app has a WORLDWIDE traffic and it is good for them. The app is something like “Instagram + Youtube + Vine” which is gold for advertisers and no one will ever ditch it (even if it were a Chinese app).

I mean, no one will care that it is banned in the USA, unless other Euruopean countries followed up with the same policies as the ones in the USA.

1 Like

They do do that, but to be fair, China bans most mainstream western apps. I guess they’re getting a taste of their own medicine.

9 Likes

TikTok won’t go anywhere. Microsoft is drooling to get their hands on it. All the talk about them wanting the user data etc. is valid but I think some are forgetting one important event that is coming up…

…the holiday season and the much anticipated Playstation 5 vs Xbox Series X.

TikTok as a platform is massive for this. There are several reasons why it’s a win for MS…but this one is huge.

But even if they don’t grab it I promise that there are funds rounding up the coin incase MS drags their ass.

Nobody on planet earth would allow this to be banned. Far too much $$ on the line.

6 Likes

Buying tiktok pages still HMU !

1 Like

Yes!

1 Like

There is the rest of the world true. However, the money is here in the States – If tiktok gets banned – many overseas who have TikTok accounts or advertise on it will lose billions. Money speaks, USA has the money with our audience. I own both Insta and TikTok accounts ( many) – have yet to make a dime off TikTok –

1 Like

Anyone wanting to have my it team manage their Tik Tok account in Canada, we are preparing to do so legally in accordance with the proposed US ban. All our servers are in Canada and Canada is not a party to the ban.

lmfaoo

I just bought a 3 letter username for really high price today :partying_face: :tornado::metal:t6:

Several companies including Microsoft, Walmart, Oracle and Netflix have shown interest in closing a deal with TikTok.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.