Meta Verified VPN Method Outside US, AUS, NZ & UK

Hello,

This tutorial comes from another internet marketing forum. I thought it would also be good to share here because people looking for it.

Disclaimer: This is not from me! I just copy/paste what the guy (nakamura) share there.

ORIGINAL POST:

Bad news for all the scammers who want to charge you money for this method, in this thread I am showing you how to get Meta Verified with a VPN/Proxy even if you are outside the US, Australia, New Zealand, or the United Kingdom. Exclusively on BHW. Not on Reddit (where all the clueless guys had no idea what they are talking about) or somewhere else.

First of all, I want to say: I find it quite amazing no one on the internet figured this out or is willing to share this method. Is it such a secret? Or do they just want to make money by offering their Meta Verified service?

I am a simple guy: I want something, I take action and I keep testing until I succeed. This is how I succeeded in SEO and also in making mobile apps. Giving up is never an option. Especially not against big tech companies like Google or Meta.

Here is my account that I just verified on Instagram using Meta Verified:

It’s German, but you can probably guess what it means. My account location still didn’t update on the app (internally on Meta’s servers, it did update) and you can also see it is May 2023.

Also, I need to say: At some point, it wasn’t really about getting Meta Verified. It was about challenging Meta because I noticed how hard they try to actually prevent people from changing their account location. They probably do it to protect advertisers. I mean, they don’t want you to see advertising which targets people in the US, if you are not physically in the US. That makes sense, right? However, some users on here are right, there is actually no benefit to Meta Verified. I mean, Meta removed the most important feature of getting an increased reach. Who needs support for Instagram? I don’t. I also don’t need exclusive stickers.

Before we get into it, here is what NOT works:

Taking your phone, download NordVPN, ExpressVPN, or any other mainstream VPN provider, changing your location to the US, Australia, NZ, or UK, opening Instagram, follow a few American people or companies, tagging US cities in your IG stories, and waiting until the Meta Verified option shows up.

It won’t work. It is not that easy. You have to understand what metadata these companies are collecting and how they are collecting them.

Meta itself is not really transparent about this, the same as Google. Of course, they are not transparent. If they would be transparent, no one would use them at all. They write stuff like: Based on your user behavior (for example likes, tagged locations, etc.), but this is only half the truth. I found out: User behavior plays no role at all.

It is important to follow the instructions. Read carefully! If you make a mistake, for example, your proxy/app turns off and your Instagram account connects to your original location, you will probably not get the Meta Verified option.

Here is what you will need:

• Second phone (can be an old phone that you don’t use anymore. I used my old iPhone 7)
  • 4G Mobile Proxy
  • App or software to spoof your location/GPS, no jailbreak or root required
  • An app to connect to the 4G Mobile Proxy (I used Shadowrocket for iOS. It is a paid app, but I am sure there are free ones as well)
  • 7 days of patience

Let me explain in detail:

Second phone:

I installed all apps on it. Why? Because whenever another app has the Meta SDK integrated, it is sending your information to Meta. We don’t want it. So installed all apps and only kept the standard apps.

The main reason for the second phone: We are not going to use this phone. Its whole purpose is to be at your home, connected to your home’s wifi, connected to the 4G mobile proxy, spoof the location, and have Instagram on it with your IG account being logged in.

Important: Remove the sim card! One of the key factors Meta is finding out where you are by checking your mobile network provider. So, if you are in Thailand, you are probably using DTAC, TrueMove, AIS, or whatever. When they see you are using DTAC, they know you are in Thailand. The same goes for other countries. Remove your sim card. Don’t be connected to the internet using your sim card. Only use Wifi.

Your phone settings:

Make sure you are changing your timezone, region and the language of your phone to the location of your 4G Mobile Proxy. Yes, Meta can see the settings of your phone. They can see your time zone and all the other settings. If you spoofing your connection in the US and your IP is from the US, but your time zone is in India, it is a huge red flag.

For iOS: The region of your Apple ID doesn’t matter. I was logged in and also subscribed to Meta Verified using my German Apple ID. So, it doesn’t matter.

4G Mobile Proxy:

First I used another VPN provider for a private residential IP address, and I was connected for 16 days until I found out Instagram changed to my original location (Thailand), so it wasn’t working at first. I was quite pissed because I wasted 16 days, but then I changed my approach, started to use my second phone, removed the sim card, and bought a 4G Mobile Proxy from SmartProxy.com (ref link). Someone here on BHW mentioned it, so I gave it a try.

On SmartProxy you can choose your settings. Here are my settings:

ASN: AT&T (you can also use T-Mobile or another one)
Session: Sticky (30 minutes)

First I was worried because the connection and location of the IP would change every 30 minutes. I thought a static 4G proxy would be better, but seems like it doesn’t matter. I used Shadowrocket to connect to the 4G Mobile Proxy.

Important: I am not a proxy expert, I am sure there are many more informed guys on here, but as far as I understood is: If I set up the proxy directly in my Wifi connection on my iPhone’s settings, it only works for the browser. But if I use an app (like Shadowrocket) the proxy will work for applications like Instagram, etc.

Then I went to Whatismyipaddress.com and checked my IP and location while being connected to the 4G mobile proxy on Shadowrocket:

Location and IP changed.

But I was afraid this is not enough, this is why I decided to spoof my GPS on my iPhone 7. Before what I did was: Turn off the location service for Instagram. So they wouldn’t be able to access my location. But I thought this could be a red flag, so I decided to spoof my GPS.

Spoof GPS / Location

I really don’t want to go through the trouble of jailbreaking my iPhone 7, so I was looking for an alternative and I found iMyFone AnyTo. This software lets you change the GPS data of your phone. For the playboys on here: It also works for Tinder and Bumble. [image]. I changed the location to the location of my 4G Mobile Proxy. Yes, I am aware the location of the 4G mobile proxy changes every 30 minutes but turns out it is not a problem. Just setting it to the US (like New York) was enough.

This software also has a free trial. So just give it a try. It also works for Android. Connect it via USB or Wifi. From what I saw the location won’t change until you restart your phone.

Logging in and managing Instagram

Finally, I logged into my Instagram account I wanted to get the Meta Verified option.

First thing I did was checking if Instagram actually logged the “correct” location of my phone. For this I navigated to:
Profile → Settings and privacy → Accounts center → Password and security → Where you’re logged in → Press on Instagram.

Nope, I am not in the US. I am in Thailand. But because of Shadowrocket, iMyFone AnyTo, and SmartProxy, it shows cities in the US for both my main phone (iPhone 14 Pro) and my second phone (iPhone 7) I used to get Meta Verified.

Besides this, I really didn’t do much on Instagram. Checked it twice per day, liked some pics, watched some stories, and replied to some messages. Thats it. Really nothing special.

After exactly (!) 7 days I logged in and saw this:

The Meta Verified option shows up on my profile settings.

Keep in mind: I am not using Facebook. I only use Instagram. I am sure this method will also work for Facebook. But I don’t want to get verified on Facebook. Who wants to get verified on Facebook? Some boomer who plays Coin Master and raids his friends’ villages every hour? Nope.

Now, here is something important. When you sign up for Meta Verified, you need to take this into consideration:

• Your profile needs to have your REAL NAME on it. Means: Same name as on your passport, ID, or driver’s license.
  • Your profile picture needs to show your face clearly (!) and you should have some pics of your face posted in your Instagram account
  • You have to set up 2FA
  • You need to take a picture of your passport, ID, or driver’s license.

But before you come to this step, they will make you pay. I paid 17,99€. I told you, I use a German Apple ID. So, it is in Euro. Yes, my passport is also from Germany.

The whole Meta Verified option is based only (!) on your account location. It doesn’t matter where you come from, what passport you got, your Apple ID country, or whatever. I saw a lot of misinformation about this.

I double-checked my account to see if it fits their requirement, took a pic of my passport, and sent it to review. It took them 40 minutes to review it and then I saw the blue Instagram verification badge and they sent me a notification.

I tested this method on two different accounts. Both times it worked. Both times it took exactly 7 days until Meta Verified was available.

TL;DR Step-by-Step Guide:

1. Get a second phone, change your time zone, region and language, remove the sim card, deinstall all apps, connect to your homes wifi
  2. Get a 4G mobile proxy, connect to the proxy, spoof your location/GPS using an app or software. Make sure the 4g proxy is ALWAYS connected.
  3. Double-check your connection (for example Whatismyipaddress.com)
  4. Download Instagram and log in
  5. Be logged in there all the time, open the app twice a day
  6. Wait for at least 7 days
  7. Reopen your app, check your Instagram app and open the profile settings
  8. Subscribe to Meta Verified

Again, please read carefully before you use the method. If it doesn’t work for you, you probably did something wrong.

If you have any questions, please let me know. But please don’t ask me questions that this post already answered.

Cheers,

9 Likes

I did same as above and I managed to verify my 2 accounts, I’m sure this method will work well

Is anyone willing to do this method for me?
Even though I know the methods I rather pay someone to do it for me

1 Like

I was able to get my account verified by Meta when they first launched the feature in Australia. I did this by simply using a mobile proxy of Australia, instead of going through the trouble of using a GPS spoofer or other methods that seemed unnecessary to me.

Here’s what I did: I switched my location to Australia and the Meta Verified option appeared. Then I used the account on an Australian IP for a few hours and deactivated my account for a day. When I logged in again, I could purchase the subscription without any hassle.

Great info! :100:

How did you switch the location? Just with the proxy? Or also in Instagram somewhere.

The only thing I did was use a mobile proxy from Australia. You might recall that when Meta Verified was first launched, you could see the option in your panel if you changed your location to Australia or New Zealand with a VPN, but it would say unavailable. To make it available for purchase, you just have to deactivate (permanently) your IG account for a day or two and then log back in from Australian IP again. Then you can buy the subscription.

We do provide an account for those who don’t want to do that, just DM

which countries are suitable? is there a list?

Do i need to logg off my current mobile to make it work?

For all country, few did it successfully from different location.

It just take time.

The goal is to make your account location be in US.

1 Like

Well, currently having android simulator on my desktop pc and running mobile proxy us, will update if it works😎

2 Likes

Will try this out, great information share :heavy_check_mark:

Going to try that out tomorrow. Informing and updating you also.

My account location is now USA after 12 days. (when you click about this account).

Meta verified didn’t show up.

Deactivating the account for 2 days now and will see what happens.

1 Like

Still not showing up. I’ve done everything perfectly for 2 weeks. Not sure if this method works.

did the same, nothing appeared, maybe it doesn’t work anymore

1 Like

Update:
My instagram says unknown device unknown location after a few days

My facebook is still rotating in usa

7 days on vpn still no change will continue to test

If someone can make my current account eligible let me know

It’s important to spoof you locoation.