Need help to choose state for LLC

Hey Swapd army :moyai:,

I’m considering opening an LLC in order for me to get access to Stripe payment gateway to use in Shopify as I live in Lebanon and there’s only third party gateway here.

I wanted to ask if you have any experience with LLC which state should I open it in ? Because i saw there’s states like New Mexico who tend to have a bad reputation so their stripe request may get denied ?

Basically the steps are :

I need to get a physical address in US
Get my LLC + EIN number
Apply to Stripe ? Or is there a step before this like getting a bank account or no need ?

Thank you :moyai::blowfish::heart:

1 Like

Hire a CPA based in US.
Register your LLC in Wyoming or Delaware.
They both keep owners information discrete.
Go for a single person LLC.

1 Like

Your CPA will get you a physical address and mailbox.

Through who you will be able to set up your bank account. Go for Mercury if you are starting. Once you have bank account …go for stripe.

Annual filing and CPA fees will be around 500.

One time setup will cost you around 1000 1200.

1 Like

Thanks for all the info boss :pray:

:blowfish::moyai:

@FaadixD can help

1 Like

Just get it registered in Missouri or Montana… almost little to no taxes.

Renewal fees = 100-150$ not more than that ( includes filing)

Pricing: 550$ + swapd fee.

I can help you acquire Physical address in US + EIN + Wise / Stripe (I’ll help you setup and verify)

For stripe you need US / EU bank details for approval.

1. Selling to clients outside USA
    When offering services or selling products outside the US and invoicing clients with a US LLC, the state of registration does not really matter. Sales tax does not need to be charged on the invoice as it is generally only applicable for transactions within the United States, not for services provided to foreign companies.

2. Selling to clients in USA
    If you lived in the US, you would need to register your LLC in the state where you live. Living outside the US, you have the flexibility to choose a state for registering your LLC, especially one with lower sales taxes. If you operate from Delaware and sell to another state, your invoice would reflect 0% sales tax. But each state has a sales threshold. If you exceed this limit in a state, you must register your business there, include sales tax on your invoices, and pay taxes in that state. Even if you don’t reach the limit, you may still need to collect and pay sales tax if you have a “nexus” in that state, such as having an employee there. For example, if your business is based in Delaware but you have an employee or warehouse in New York, you may need to charge sales tax on your invoices starting with the first dollar.

3. Taxes in the country you live
    When you sell with a US LLC as a non-resident, it’s crucial to remember that you still have tax obligations in your home country. The profits generated by the US LLC are subject to taxation in your country of residence.

Hire a CPA in United States.
Penalties for non-compliance with US tax laws can be very high.

Beyond state restrictions, banks and merchant companies may reject being linked to a non-resident LLC due to country restrictions. Before proceeding, ensure you can open a bank or merchant account with your passport. Even if you have an LLC, you could still be denied when applying later.

Shopify can process credit card payments directly.
Have you thought about just using Shopify for payment processing, instead using Stripe?