Need your feedback regarding listing bumping and the front page

I showed SWAPD to a friend of mine and he finds it difficult as a buyer to search for new accounts/pages. As a newcomer, the front page seems quite cluttered. I also find it difficult to make a targeted search. An extended search would be cool. Something where you enter your budget/platform/follower/country and it shows you matching Topics. If there are no matches, maybe it should show how much it matches in percent? Something like this would be awesome

1 Like

@denis92 - That’s the ultimate end goal, but such feature will be very expensive to implement. But in time, we will get it done. Every month we change little by little, we’ve come a long way since we’ve opened so far.

5 Likes

personally i don’t think people should be able to bump their own threads. if they don’t get any action for 30 days then the original will just get locked and they’ll repost and get it in front of a bunch of new eyeballs right? i think it’d substantially cut down on clutter.

1 Like

If you really need or want to change it, I think 48/72 hs should be fine to be honest.

1 Like

My idea is put 5 newest pots on top always . Then 5 bumped and so on .

Such a close poll. Will decide tomorrow on how to tackle this.

1 Like

I think its fine as it is because then everyone will compete to bump their threads

Agreed. Either this or just sort all the threads by the date they were created, not the date of the last post.

I am inclined to extend the bumping rules to 48 hours for now. I know it’s a temporary patch, but it should slow things down. With the second option, I am afraid that members who know each other would start bumping cliques, which wouldn’t solve anything for the new guy. Or worse, members would create shill accounts just to bump their properties.

3 Likes

I would say don’t allow multiple listings at the same time maybe within a particular timeframe.

Been seen some vendors posting almost 5-10 listings together and covering the whole homepage :sneezing_face:

1 Like

Would be great to have specific niche categories.
Also a feature where it recommends the users that are selling the property within that niche. Makes the buyer and seller connect far quicker especially for new buyers also those that are not so good navigating the current layout format. Intimidating to many I believe.

Allow premium topics to be bumped every 24h :smirk:

I think the bumping needs some revision, as there is a lot of traffic. Maybe something like a “Bump” button could be added, the the OPs can press after a certain time limit

2 Likes

What about implementing both Simultaneously

Our new developers are unfortunately as slow as our previous one. Everything is being pushed back :frowning: We will have an update on the 13-14th this month.

1 Like

Just create some more basic look, wher it will be easier to use

Only two buttons: Pay SWAPD Fee + Cancel.

1 Like