New Feature? Swapd Syndicate?

The idea is pretty simple: anyone with a certain amount of funds could join the syndicate, and it would be managed by Swapd who would decide on investment opportunities.

The cool thing about it is that people would have the option to invest based on each opportunity. So, you’re not locked into anything and can choose to put your money where you see fit. Plus, it opens up the door for small investors to get in on larger projects they might not have access to otherwise, while also allowing bigger investors to spread their capital without risking too much in one go.

Swapd would take a small portion of the revenue earned from each investment. This way, they can keep the lights on and maybe even expand operations down the line.

Just something I was thinking about in my head. Any thoughts?

2 Likes

Why would anyone trust Swapd with investment advice? They don’t actively manage funds, so why would you park your money with them vs other reputable companies or funds?

6 Likes

Why would anyone trust SWAPD in general?

8 Likes

2 Likes

Swapd meme coin?

1 Like

The idea is not that Swapd give the investment advice. Someone comes with an investment opportunity. Swapd would have a team to review and decide if its a good investment opportunity. People then ultimately decide if they want to invest in it.

Also why would you trust " Reputable Companies"? They obviously started somewhere too. In fact most of them invest your funds into stocks/bonds which are still high risk and only get you a mere 5-7% each year.

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Terrible idea
This platform didn’t generate 40M in transactions from that so why deter from what works?

2 Likes

I will happily do this and invest your money!

3 Likes

And it's gone

2 Likes

The idea is fun, the issue is that nobody will do it.

1 Like

Lmao

I think from a legal standpoint, this wouldn’t be possible without us getting proper licensing.

You need to open a fund in th caymans.

1 Like
  1. Thumbs down reaction

2. Tipping. You can read more about it here:

https://swapd.co/t/feature-request-tipping-on-swapd-thoughts/1136931

The beauty about the idea is it would not be your standard investment returns. For example when you buy a property you only generate at max 10% yield from it. With online investment I have found you can generate yields anywhere between 20-50%. Sometimes its even more with larger purchases if you see a gap in the market. Anyway. Maybe I might start my own investment fund!

It wouldn’t deter at all. Who ever said that

To be blunt: I own rental properties and generate more than 10%. You just said 10% would be max; therefore, your advice can’t be trusted. I recommend getting a normal job and investing your own capital. No serious investor will park their money with you at this stage.

1 Like

True some properties can generate more, but that standard rate of return after all your outgoings and problems you have with properties will end up at 10%. Anything over that is considered very good in the rental market. That’s my experience from the 12 properties I own. I do invest my own capital in many projects and generate a much higher return online than I do from a standard investment company or investing in rental property :slight_smile:

1 Like