Notification to SWAPD Members: DDoS Attack Update

Notification to SWAPD Members: DDoS Attack Update

Hey SWAPD Fam,

We wanted to give you a heads-up about what happened last night. Around 1 AM CET, some wannabe hacker thought it would be funny to hit us with a DDoS attack. And guess what? It lasted for about 8 hours. Yeah, eight whole hours. :roll_eyes:

We keep getting hit by these attacks, and honestly, it’s getting kind of boring. DDoSing is the digital equivalent of a toddler throwing a tantrum. It’s like the lowest form of cyber attack. Imagine thinking you’re some sort of cyber mastermind but all you can do is flood a server with traffic. Talk about pathetic!

It’s probably some scorned geek scammer who got banned from our site or maybe some competition that’s not too happy about us surpassing them in website traffic. Either way, they need to find a new hobby because this one is just embarrassing.

Thanks for sticking with us and sorry for any inconvenience. We’re back up and running now, and as always, we appreciate your support.

Stay awesome,
The SWAPD Team

59 Likes

Everyone make fun of the DDoSing skid in this thread (he will probably read it).
I have a 0sec gif of him:

17 Likes

He did read this topic because as soon as I posted this the lame sissy-weak attack made by a geek-virgin resumed :smiley:

5 Likes

I’m sure his parents raised him reading those spam mails :joy:

2 Likes

Update, we currently had to stop all traffic from the following countries:

• France (eww)
  • Germany (ewww)
  • United States (GROSS)
  • Indonesia (my people)
  • India (@gireeshtty9 won’t get this tag :frowning: )
11 Likes

So cloudflare didn’t protected you from ddos?

Yes it did, it was just overloaded. There is no 100% protection from DDOS.

5 Likes

I find picture from “hacker”

3 Likes

Try a different cdn
There are better cdns then cloudflare

1 Like

All I want to do is make fun of the skid whos doing this for now :smiley:
It’s funny because as soon as this topic went up, the attack resumed at a much higher pace. RAGE MODE NERD ACTIVATED!

2 Likes

How many requests you are receiving per second?

Services around world affected including UK’s stock exchange and Airlines
Is it related ?? @SWAPD

Normally I would like you to stop Turkey but I’m there now hahaha @SWAPD

2 Likes

Might be possible that cloudflare is down, i remember the last time swapd went down there were other websites that were down due to cloudflare issues

They are not fully blocked though, they have to pass a manual captcha as in “solve this puzzle”.

1 Like

It’s easier to bypass captcha now a days

1 Like

No it isn’t. As soon as I excluded the offending countries:

Captcha did its thing.

3 Likes

Overall, in the past 2-3 months, attempts at hacking admins were at an all-time high. Some of the attempts were pretty sophisticated :smiley: Someone wants us down.

6 Likes