OGusers is yet another scam

Same old trope…“Add me on Discord and we can talk there”. They ask for PayPal payment first and try to make you send it under a “donation” so you can’t claim it back (luckily I didn’t do that). Blocks me as soon as payment goes through.

Is it safe to say EVERY social account marketplace out there is a scam, except Swapd?

3 Likes

i love you heart GIF by TV4

4 Likes

SWAPD is the only place do business properly.

1 Like

There’s trusted middleman’s too LOL, that’s your fault

Even OGusers’ reputable people scam often :joy: I know a few

2 Likes

@Memo true, once the numbers go up, they very often start acting weird, especially if they need to refund etc. There are a few good MM’s and sellers but it’s still scary to use them with big transactions.

3 Likes

@woody = OGU staff

OGUsers isn’t even OGUsers anymore. The staff from the original forum rebranded it to Flipd while the forum that currently has OGUsers in the domain name is run by someone else so I am assuming it’s scam altogether. But still, even on the Flipd forum, most people are scammers and it’s just a game of building as much reputation as they can before they exit scam. Pretty recently, one of their official middleman exit scammed for $130,000 and their ex-middleman exit scammed for $30,000+.

4 Likes

nothing you said means its a scam, this is common as hell selling stuff online especially through paypal

also i’m not disputing the low quality members of ogu, its rampant with scammers for sure

Wasn’t @madej their discord mod?

2 Likes