Paid Instagram Verification is here “Meta Verified”

US Based and this appeared today…
Oprah Sprocket GIF by Chris

1 Like

Anyone still wants to make some money while it is not in Europe yet?

So what’s the overall verdict? Is it pointless to pay for verification anymore?

1 Like

Ofcourse, everyone will get the badge for 10 euro. Why would anyone still pay thousands to get verified lol.

1 Like

im pretty sure they will somehow differentiate the badges given to notable people and the paid ones like twitter did with the golden badge.

1 Like

Gold is for companies who have budget to pay 1K$ monthly. There is no difference between Blue Individual and legacy badge.

1k monthly?

Was invited to a Meta verified event for partners–they don’t plan on making a new badge, they’re trying to “redefine” the badge’s meaning

3 Likes

@Gladings anyway to change the profile name of a meta verified ig account ? Or the only way is to unsub and re-sub ? I dont’ want my last name to be public, do u think meta will accept’if I leave full name empty or just first name no last name ?

Interesting. Are you saying it could look something like when they click on the badge, it can say “Legacy Verified” or “Meta Verified”? I’d hate to get verified as Legacy then have them do a 180 and do what Twitter is about to do lol

You’ll have to unsub. It’s incredibly annoying–they told me that you can’t change your name, user, pfp

probably not. It is likely to be, quite literally, the worst case scenario you can imagine

1 Like

so what is the difference between the people that has the “legacy verification” and the ones that get meta verified?

the first ones just doesnt have to pay per month? or what?

Yup.

RIP

been saying this before, it’s very obvious the meaning of a verified badge is changing, the only way you could see it’s legacy or not is the date when it was verified (but who’d care?!)

1 Like

Nothing except the date. Was also a part of some meta partner conversations and meetings re: this. They want to take away the “status” element of the blue check.

I think it’s a terrible idea. Makes it hard to tell celebrities from ordinary people

8 Likes

Agreed, but in some EU countries with TV series such as love island etc. people that ha 3 tv appearances got verified over the last years

Anyone have a workaround to speed up availability for EU accounts? VPN and 2FA doesn’t work anymore, I don’t even see the option on accounts center.

1 Like

RIP it will take around 60 days to refund me so I can subscribe lol.