Proposing new account size tags

Hi everyone,

We are looking at potentially rolling out new tags that state the size of the accounts in the posts. This would then enable you to search via the tag like you do when looking for a particular genre. In order to do this we would have to group the sizes to make it cleaner and easier to navigate.

We are proposing that we we break the groupings down as follows:

20k-50k
50k-100k
100k-250k
250k-500k
500k-1million
1million+

Being a community we would like to know if you would find this useful and if you would change the groupings at all?

15 Likes

Yes, it’s a good idea!

Really appreciate that. All other forums are already following the scheme.

Do introduce Paid Colour-Highlighted Thread and Paid Auto-Bump Thread also if possible.

I think it’ll be good only because people will be able to filter listings based on the accounts size

This would be very helpful! :smiley:

1 Like

No way, Hussey. I find the listings too colorful already as they are with the tags, category bullets, and reply notifications. Feels cluttered when it’s over done.

Look at this mess:

But perhaps we can think of an subtle alternative.

1 Like

As far as the account size, it seems I am the only one against it :smiley: I mean, if you had a cat related website, wouldn’t you buy everything cat related as long as it’s real, active, and genuine? Won’t these tags screw over the little guys?

our start category could be 20k - 100k ? and that way it could help that slightly?

That sounds good to me.

I dont really think there are enough posts here for this, but you can trial it and see how it looks in action

2 Likes

I think limiting the number of groups to 3 or 4 is important. I think 1-50k, 50-150k, 150-500k, 500k+ are probably the correct groupings.

2 Likes

We don’t allow listings under 20k, so it’d have to start with 20k+.

I also feel like it may become extremely messy with all the number ranges, I mean, that’s a lot of numbers.

Maybe something more clear, and we can tag it based off the higher number?
Ex. Having tags 20k+, 100k+, 500k+, 1m+

If an account gets listed that has 400k followers, we’d tag it with the largest number that applies, so 100k+.

2 Likes

Ah, got it. I think you get the sense though. I think the grouping becomes less useful if it’s super granular. Large group sizings would be useful for me when searching.

I agree with the ranges Alpha put out - I think keeping the ranges simple would be more helpful for all of us (when this system is applied).

This would be an amazing add on.

I find it hard looking for big accounts because its all i look for. I find my self manually looking for the big accounts and then DMing the OP to keep tabs on the accounts