PSA: If you upsell services of other SWAPD members on SWAPD, you're out

We would like to remind our members NOT to upsell services of other members. This brings no value to our community, it only breeds higher prices, brings in manipulation, and ruins the overall experience for everyone. So, if you can’t actually perform a service, don’t advertise it. Let other members who can deliver actually earn. We will fight this in every way possible, so please don’t do it.

That is all.
P.S. Happy 4th to our American friends!

4 Likes

I’d also like to add, if anyone knows of anyone else who is upselling, please report it to admins.

1 Like

I mean how does this even work? The community is small and you are already overlooking PM’s if im correct, so technically there shouldn’t even be possible to sell the same service to a different person without Staff not seeing what’s going on.

Now if you mean selling Swapd listed services on different platforms but actually outsourcing the products from here from a fellow member then whats wrong with that? There are multiple sellers in here who are selling services 3-4 x times of the service actual worth on other platforms - Which are potentially not their own offerings for the exact same reason.

1 Like

There are about 10K user to user PM’s sent each week. Rest assured, we have no means to monitor them all. Some slip through our detection systems and go unnoticed.

I don’t care about other websites or even if you outsource work from outside. The ONLY scenario I am talking about is:

1. User X on SWAPD is able to do THIS SERVICE
  2. User Z on SWAPD is upselling users X THIS SERVICE for a lot higher, without user X knowing.

I want full consent between user X and Z, and clear communication about the rates/prices.

1 Like

Great decision, I have always been against the upselling.

Outsourcing is not wrong; if you refer to someone else’s service, which is on SWAPD itself, we all grow together. The problem was with people trying pitch the same $2k service to someone else for $3k without the buyer realizing that there’s a service for $2k on SWAPD itself. It’s unethical.

7 Likes