PSA: Stop using Gmail for your new projects, not worth the trouble if you're planning to sell your asset later

What do you think about Yandex?

ProtonMail > *

Yandex also has weird security features such as “You cant remove this phone number for 7 days” which really sucks during transfers.

ProtonMail cannot be recovered, EVER (by contacting support).
No roadblocks (unless you want them, then you can enable 2FA/etc).

Laggy and slow in receiving emails. I’ve used it before and some Instagram confirmation emails have never come through. It’s glitchy in my experience, whereas protonmail has been flawless for me.

1 Like

Never experienced this :worried:

I use yandex regularly and never had any issues or delays.

1 Like

Happened to me two weeks ago when purchasing a Instagram account took around 1 week to change and be able to change security fully.

Bumping this because I’ve grown to hate Gmail these days.

5 Likes

More Gmails locked today. Precautions we took:

1. Used the same country IP.
  2. Had a back up email set by the seller.
  3. Less secure apps = on.

Still got locked out, no option to recover via recovery email. The recovery email is a useless thing in Gmail, really.

STOP USING GMAIL PEOPLE. I DON’T EVEN THINK IT’S SAFE FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL USE ANYMORE. GOD FORBID YOU GO ON VACATION, USE A DIFFERENT DEVICE, AND FORGET YOUR PASS A FEW TIMES.

This is my new mission in life, to stop people from using Gmail. They’re like a paranoid crack/meth head who thinks everyone is out to get them.

1 Like

Oddly, had less problems while testing TOR with transfers, but we get a million captchas and it gets REALLY annoying.

Protonmail for the win :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve recently done this, swapped almost all my assets onto protonmail. Not only is Proton mail good for swapping social media assets it’s also good for general use as it’s much more privacy oriented than Gmail etc .

1 Like

ProtonMail sucks now?

There is a black dot on the horizon and we don’t know what it is yet, but ProtonMail suspended a freshly-made inbox which an account was swapped to. The notification said, “this account is disabled for fraud or policy-violation.” And that’s it! So, it looks like ProtonMail isn’t so safe after all, not even sure if they offer support for such situations. @Ryan, you told me ProtonMail was safe!!

Haha, stop committing fraud then, noobs

Abuse appeals form | Proton

They claim a real person will review your appeal

1 Like

Was they disabeled upon creation or login? Basically, Protonmail uses a automatic algorthim to look through how the email is registered. If the automatic system picks up any red flags it will disable the account.

The link above is the correct form to send to them. However, you can read about their system here: Proton Account disabled for abuse or fraud | Proton

It was registered via a regular browser like a normal user would :confused:

As I said. Only option is using prompt option.

It will ask 2 digit number. So that it won’t get locked out.

With iPhone you can still try because iPhone has gmail app too.

Yeah, I always register via a phone that connected to a data connection. They ask upon registeration for confirmation through a text message, and then you can later remove the phone.

@SWAPD i was very lucky when i bought my 60k account off website back in august because it was a bargain and it had gmail and i’ve had no issues since then

1 Like

Bumping this to school newbies. We’re happy to see that the changes are happening quicker than we thought. We’re seeing a huge increase in people switching to ProtonMail! I love you guys (except @RandyMarsh).

2 Likes

Well, I’ve almost lost my main Gmail account today, because Gmail randomly decided to log me out while trying to connect to a YT channel and asked for my password. For extra verification, IT ASKED FOR A CODE FROM AN OLD DEVICE WHICH I DIDN’T USE FOR 200+ DAYS. Thank god it was my test device and I still had it, but if I didn’t, there is a good chance my main email would be gone. The best part, I wasn’t even logged into that device. My Gmail was actually removed from the account list on that phone, but somehow Gmail decided that that’s the BEST WAY to verify me, even though I have 4 other active devices connected to the account.

I’d like to hear the nay-sayers again that “Gmail is safe for personal emails.” Because I possibly almost lost my main account today. I am moving away from Gmail, enough is enough.

2 Likes