PSA: You can no longer change TikTok usernames without losing verification

This is a PSA to all verified TikTok account purchasers and sellers - you can no longer change your username without losing verification.

9 Likes

Does anyone have any information on the constraints of changing the username via the report function?

Seeing as it would then be up to manual review it may be difficult to change a username to something completely different, but curious to see what people are managing to get away with.

:smiling_face_with_tear: YAY! Another restriction.

3 Likes

Tagging you guys to see this, @aves & @madej

2 Likes

Could someone please let me know if they can verify fresh TikTok accounts or do username changes?

tiktok let me keep my family lol

1 Like

Damn lol. RIP to TikTok verified account sellers!

Who will be the first person on swapd to launch a verified username change service?

3 Likes

I think the change won’t be an issue. Me and @madej source from OG owners and can get all the necessary information to change information via support. It may just take time to see what they want. I think it is the normal information required to remove a phone number, remove false ban, etc.

I say this was a move to limit those selling hacked accounts, which are unable to get the original information from support

1 Like

Tragedy.
Thanks for the notice !

1 Like

Damn, I’ve been gone three days and you guys ruin everything. This is why we can’t have nice things.

6 Likes

Do you not think there will be restrictions upon changing the username to something entirely unrelated?

I don’t think so. I think that as long as the information is correct, there will not be an issue. They will not know if it is the original owner making the change. I think this was mainly a move to devalue hacked accounts and prevent username swapping to verified accounts, because it makes users a target of those in the market cough cough OGUsers

1 Like

Right yeah that logic does make sense.

I’ve submitted a report like the TikTok article says in app to change the username of a verified account, so will update here in this thread with how it goes. My only concern is whether the human aspect of it will flag up, let’s say a username change of a creator/individual account? Whose prior username may have been their full/first name.

Well, I am sure you could always make up a story that it is an alias or something to prevent harassment. I think due to the lack of attention to the issue onto this point would not call for excessive measures, they just want to limit the market

1 Like

og informations about accounts are not a problem - the problem is that support tiktok is a tragedy and they do not write back :joy:

5 Likes

depending on your support channel they will absolutely review past logins to determine whether it is a hacked/stolen account

2 Likes

Can change my username, had my username changed a few times, literally like a day ago

These terms are brand new.

No, they have been out for a while now.

My TikTok app has a tweak where I can change usernames without losing verifications, I’ve done it to a recent TikTok verified account purchase.

TikTok hasn’t updated this API-wise, and it’s only client based, you can’t change your handle while being verified if you are on the latest version of TikTok and if you are on PC client, but if you are on the specific version that my app is, you’ll be able to change it w/o any problems.

2 Likes