PSA: You can still use TransferWise.com to pay and receive money on SWAPD, but you need to remember that

…the transfers won’t be instant. TransferWise essentially works like a regular bank account, you can send and receive money from non-TransferWise bank accounts. I am making this post to clarify this, as I am getting too many “what now?” questions.

If you got used to TransferWise and like it, keep using it. The only thing that will change now is wire transit times, but we will solve that soon, also.

IMPORTANT!

Please delete SKYNET from the list of your recipients on TransferWise, as if you plan to keep using it for sending us money, you will need to switch to our normal IBAN number.

2 Likes

No thanks! They banned our beloved boss. DELETE.

2 Likes

I only use YAIRwise.com

2 Likes

Bump for visiblity.

UPDATE:

We’ve tested two TransferWise payments. From the time they were approved on the sender’s end by TransferWise, the funds reached us in 8 and 10 hours! So, it seems our operation will be marginally slowed for users with TW. We’re now testing regular bank to bank wires.

1 Like

Update:

TransferWise payments seem to reach us rather fast, but the other way around, not so much. In fact, 50-60% of our bank wires now take 7-8 hours where users are waiting for three days to receive TW funds. I believe @Goofy is still waiting on a 10 USD payment we sent him four days ago.

May want to reconsider using TransferWise after all.