Questions to the real Social media experts

Hi everyone,

I am in social media marketing since 2-3 years now. I mainly work with adsense and a few affiliate programms. I could live from it but also work full time. So I am relatively new and seeking the advice of some very experienced people.

1. I realize that sometimes pages with large followings x million (or more) are being sold for very high prices 20k+ despite the fact that they are much less active than for example some of my 50k pages. Where is the value of millions of inactive followers? Are you creating custom audiences and “copying” the page with insane CPCs? Using the mails somehow? Is anyone willing to share?

2. Some people abuse the live streaming feature on facebook by streaming stuff that is actually not live. I have seen this especially during global events such as the earthquakes, NASA stuff etc. Ethics aside and i am not judging anyone here, why are you doing it? I guess the reason is crossharing among pages for quick growth. Am i correct or is there another reason? Are you not afraid to get banned for it?

3. Despite the large variety of possible FB topics I see the same niches here very often. Love, Quotes, Memes, animals, hair etc. Nothing too substantial. Many pages seem to be grown on autopost. Are those niches so easy to grow or are they so easy to monetize? I am in the edu/scholarships niche and feel a bit like an outsider. Why are there not more people in this niche or other niches?

4. I am suprised by the amount of premium countries on the FB pages sold here. Many US followers. Would anyone be willing to share how this pages are grown so that they are so US focused? Are you restricting the countries? Crosssharing to groups and pages with high percentage of US Followers? Give me a hint :slight_smile:

5. And that’s the last question for today, I do own one totally inactive page with 100k people. The people are real and the page is completly dead, maybe 1-2k reach per post. I bought it very very cheap (150$) and killed it with cheap promotions in my early days but made more than 3k selling shoutouts on fiverr. How do you revive pages? I seem to be very bad at it.

Thank you for sharing your expertise here. I hope swapd.co will not only be a marketplace but also a place to share knowledge and improve each others skills.

My two cents on IG mostly.

Accounts that are easy to grow are not easy to monetize therefore people sell them here. Quotes, meme’s etc are easy to grow but you get such a diverse following it’s not easy to sell one thing effectively that interests everyone.

I see a lot of accounts here where people list the niche as fitness, or tattoo’s but really it’s just hot girls in skimpy clothes that are fit and they call it fitness, or tattoo’s and the girls are hot. Most of those followers aren’t interested in tattoos they want to look at hot girls, it’s not like they are going to buy tattoos from someone on the account.

Large followings of inactive followers imo is worse less than a smaller following of active accounts. I make more on my accounts that have 20-40k active and we’ll targeted accounts then the generic 100-200k accounts.

Thanks for sharing xo1,

I like the way you look at it. And i do not have much to add. I can only confirm that my biggest moneymaking fb page is relatively small compared to other pages traded here but i grew it with love. It is about quality and not quantity in my case. Still inactive pages with large followings reach much higher prices here. That’s again why I am asking…am i missing something here? What is the value of millions of people that do not engage? There must be a reason and i dont know it. Otherwise why do large pages with almost no activity pay for much more than small hugely active ones.

Looks like this section is dead, hence no replies on your questions, I apologize for that. However, I honestly don’t want to include ChitChat in the main feed, as I want to keep this service as buy/sell only. If I include ChitChat section in the main feed, the front page will be spammed with non-related things.

But to answer your questions quickly.

1. Just because a page is inactive, doesn’t mean it can’t be brought back to life. Not all admins are created equal. Some just plain suck, while others can do miracles.

2. It gets you exposure, page likes, etc. I’ve seen feeds reach millions of views, and that can translate into a substantial amount of fans. But yet, you can get banned for faking a feed.

3. They used to be easy to grow. Back in the day, all it took is a funny title, and a page could go viral. These days the algorithms won’t allow that. And yes, humor, love, animals, those are the things that bring joy and people share easily. This is why there is an abundance of those topics. No one ever shares a stock market post, or a Forex related quote. But a cute puppy? OMG, my sister has to see it.

4. Restricting countries is a good method, cross-sharing too. However, I’d wager that most pages that are sold here are totally unrelated to those growth methods, and they just grew like that (out of luck).

5. To revive pages, you need ultra good content + some money to boost the posts. Or, you need a network of other pages to cross-share content posted on your inactive page. Don’t sell shoutouts, you will just further ruin your page.