Random question! Did anyone here work with (or has heard of) Poof.io?

They’re a payment processor who are willing to take us on. They provide many payment options, that would make everyone’s life easier on SWAPD. However, we need more details on them and would love to hear from users who actually used them.

2 Likes

Looks like a fraud company, gut feeling.

4 Likes

doesn’t look appealing at all.

2 Likes

I agree with what @Teal said above. I wouldn’t recommend using them under any circumstances. Below are just some of the reasons as to why:

• When searching for Poof.io on Google, there is a very limited number of search results for this company:

• When looking at their socials, their Instagram has less than 100 followers, with their first post being done only last year. Everywhere you look, you’ll find similar comments to the one left on their first IG post:

• Their Twitter is incredibly new (verified in 2023 via Twitter/X Blue, account created recently too) AND most of their Tweets/Re-tweets seem to be paid PR:

• Their domain (poof.io) was only registered in 2020:

Now, if all of the above, and their awful Trustpilot reviews as shared by @socialstar wasn’t enough, the biggest proof they are a fraud company? The address. This is the address given on their website:

First of all, that address is simply the building. Anyone wanting to write to them, if they write that address, the mail would get lost. That building is occupied with some of the biggest named companies (I’m talking about Google, Tesla, JP Morgan etc. etc). You get the point. Where did I get this information from? From the official Stanford Research Park occupiers list here: https://d29vmu15ua1e0a.cloudfront.net/uploads/map-pdf/Stanford-Research-Park-May-2020.pdf

Those are all the companies that currently (has of 2020) have an office space in the Research Park this company claims to be headquartered. I very much doubt this company even has the means to pay for a week’s worth of rent in the Standford Research Park. Think for yourself if such a small, no-named company could be headquartered next to some of the biggest companies we know of AND they didn’t even include their full address and just the business park itself :skull:

It’s like they didn’t even try to hide it. It definitely is a scam/fraud site.

4 Likes

Very unknown and new company. Risky.

1 Like

Brev needs to get paid for that research lol

8 Likes

I take my payments in poof.io; where your money really does go poof ;):skull:

5 Likes

Even if it’s trusted, we should not give our all funds to new company.

1 Like

Swapd admins researching poof:

april fools prank GIF

3 Likes

We actually did research.

1. Online reviews such as trust pilot mean NOTHING. People go to these sites strictly to complain.
  2. We’ve checked with California’s state and their LLC owes nothing to no one and is in good standing in all categories.
  3. Not much is known about them as they have been in existence for two years.

B1478-0711.pdf (170.6 KB)
B1942-5513.pdf (130.3 KB)

2 Likes
1 Like

Seems like a big red flag to me. If you don’t know these people personally, I wouldn’t do business. They aren’t an established company.

I’ve done marketing/pr services for multiple similar (exchange) companies and they always were very shady people.

1 Like

You have a good point on the review part, but I still wouldn’t trust a new company.

2 Likes

Exactly, what if they collect payment details and sell it it to scammers.

It seems like they are just another payment processor like many others that work with scammers, telegram marketplace frauds, etc. etc.

I think you should stay above all those fishy and fraudulent businesses and look for a more legit option to get easier and quicker payments.

3 Likes

you should work for the CIA

2 Likes

You have to agree though, that name is just horrible for a payment company. On par with calling a new crypto coin RugPull.

5 Likes

One of our members is apparently from the Poof.io team, I don’t know who, though. Perhaps they can chime in and put our worries at ease?

Hopefully not @Ron :rofl:

2 Likes

We’ve invited poof.io team to join us here so they can ease your minds.

1 Like

I’ve done a little bit more digging and came across something else that may be helpful. Visiting the site via the wonderful Wayback Machine, that allows you to view the previous versions of the site, I found that they actually had a different address not so long ago (in Feb 2023). This one:

When you search this address online, it seems as though this is an address that can be bought online, so that you can register your US company. This same address is shared by several other incorporated companies in the US. Several hits for this address on Google, too:

But that isn’t all. If you look at that first screenshot, notice something different from the Feb 2023 version of the website vs. what it is now?

November 2023 Version:

February 2023 Version:

Now, there’s a few differences:

• Lack of YouTube (which is now terminated for an odd reason, see below) , Instagram & TikTok
  • Address change
  • BUT importantly, that MSB ID. What happens when you now search their MSB ID on the US Govt. Database?

“System could not find matching data”

Seems rather odd, don’t you think so? And just as a bonus, here is their YT page:

Seems as though there are a lot of red flags, in my opinion, to give such a company the power to deal with the cash flow that goes through SWAPD. Too many things can go wrong, too quickly.