Random question! Did anyone here work with (or has heard of) Poof.io?

That’s because they use a shared office building, as far as I am aware.
Also, the address change is normal too, been filed with the state in their paperwork (checked).

It isn’t hard, to be fair, to do that. In the UK, we have a similar thing, called virtual address that can be used to register a company with Companies House, you never have to have the office there nor any signs and can register an address and slap that on the website. What troubles me is that this company seems to have used two different addresses, both of which are shared by different companies, and both of which seem to be in prime, prime locations. This leads me to think that they don’t actually have a real office building but just an address for filling in paperwork and to divert paperwork from the ‘virtual’ address to the real, which is probably the person who owns the company.

All their PR is paid for, nothing real as far as I can see:

I can go on and on but anyone that sells PR on SWAPD can confirm to you that these are bought and paid for cheap PR sites that will allow you to post anything, as long as you pay them the money. Seems real shady that they have fake PR everywhere, even on their Twitter. That’s all they seem to be re-tweeting on there.

Yes, the PR is low Q, I agree. But if you look up SWAPD Incorporated on Apple Maps you will find this:

Does this mean we’re scammers? :smiley:

1 Like

I think that’s a bad example, to be honest, because you guys haven’t put that empty dirt address on your websites and have said this is where you are registered. If this address was on the site and Google Maps suggested you are on at the bottom of the dirt, that the MSB number you have provided is no longer active on the US Govt. website and you had removed it, that all your PR is cheap paid-for awful stunts to make you look legit, that your entire business is only 2 years old with nothing on the internet to suggest you are indeed a trustworthy company, used by others who have integrated your API into their sites… I would definitely be raising some eyebrows.

I think the point is, if it was just one thing, it may not have been an issue. But because there is so much of dirt (hehe) piled up, it sort of makes one wonder if one should go into business with such a company

1 Like

It’s mean we working underground

1 Like

Are you working in a basement or something? Because if you call us underground, so are Flippa, Escrow.com, and a range of other known sites.

SWAPD surpasses other sites, hence its absence from the underground; indicating seamless functionality, where nothing is visible—a characteristic of underground sites.

1 Like

LOL, what did I just find… What the hell is this, visit this website:

And you get this:

They’re running a SWAPD-like marketplace behind the scenes? :clown_face::clown_face: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT

1 Like

It’s a marketplace by a Poof user called listeners

2 Likes

That makes sense, I LOL’d so hard when I saw that :skull:

They seem to have user pages but 15 monthly users visiting the site, very popular :face_with_peeking_eye:

@SWAPD
Something that would be good to ask them is to give you examples of sites that are currently using their API and payment processing systems on their websites as a means to take payment and write those websites here so we can take a look at them too. Do they have any clients?

2 Likes

Anyway, I think it’s best if Swapd picks different payment gateways for different payment methods. Get a reliable one for credit card payments like Adyen or Mollie and a reliable one for crypto payments like Transak or MoonPay, rather than trying to find one gateway for all methods

2 Likes

http://shoppy.gg, http://selly.gg, http://sellpass.io/, http://poof.io/

All same type of businesses. I’m not saying they are scammers, they are just very sketchy and you shouldn’t trust them with big amounts. Would be a big noob mistake.

You shouldn’t use one of these amateurish kinds of businesses as partner. Come on man, Swapd is not a company that is a joke like those website. You should use a reliable partner for payments. An established business.

2 Likes

realistically you can do all the googling you want but there is not much about them, like teal said its a shoppy/selly type storefront… which typically come from shady ‘hacker’ forums like cracked etc

ask the poof team for referrals and introductions to people that already use them, some of their top clients and you can ask them for their experiences.

1 Like

Some of the replies here are pretty hilarious, it’s obvious who has never dealt with Y Combinator style entities before. If you look at the Poof team it’s a bunch of former Brex employees all of them are in the Peter Thiel space so it’s really no wonder why the company has low presence online, these type of companies are generally not focused towards spending money on marketing.

@SWAPD the biggest problem I see is that they’re integrated with Stripe for credit cards so unless they offer an alternative solution I don’t know if that would end up working long term

1 Like

Is saw this as well. Does make sense, still doesn’t make up for their shady presence if you ask me. Many red flags and seems like an amateurish company. They deal with scammy TG marketplaces. Also, I could only find the details of 1 employee.

1 Like

hey u can checkout my friends payment platform

can send crypto and links to banks

I’ve dealt with many payment gateways before. so like if you okay with keep changing companies for credit card payments go for it. I know many such gateways onboard you easily but out of nowhere one day they will disable your withdrawal and they’ll give you shitty reason. but if you’re okay with risk and availability of credit card payments is very much needed for scaling go for it.

Also checkout https://www.big-pay.com I’m currently using it , no problem so far.