Reminder: You're not entitled to disputes/refunds when/if a transaction with a safety concern member goes wrong

Hello!

This is just a friendly reminder that our Safety Concern badge is there for a reason, and you should not take it lightly. Unfortunately, SWAPD staff constantly catches ourselves reopening tickets that went wrong where Safety Concern members were involved. This is a mistake on our part, and we will enforce this rule more carefully from now on. As stated in our rules, we will only offer minimal support in SC tickets, which includes:

1. Hearing out both sides.
  2. Banning/suspending the offender if needed or giving them a warning if it’s a first-time offense.

We will not do any of the following in transactions where a safety concern member is involved:

1. Elevate to a dispute.
  2. Attempt chargebacks/bank wire stops.
  3. Refund.

Please vet your potential clients wisely to avoid any problems.

Why are we doing this?

Why not help, right? Well, our help involves stopping problems before they start. That’s why the Safety Concern badge was implemented. It drastically cut down problems on SWAPD by a considerable margin. When we say someone may be problematic, please listen. We’ve had countless users ignore this little badge only to get mad at us for not helping when things go wrong. We even had users whom we’ve warned in addition to the SC badge, only to receive a “nah, I should be fine” response. Then, a few days later, those users came back asking for help. We want to help as much as possible, but our time is limited, and the Safety Concern badge was our way of reducing that load. We have no problem with users who deal with Safety Concern members. If you want to risk it, that’s fine. This whole business model is risky. But be prepared to actually take a loss when things take an unfortunate turn.

To recap. We will weed out SC members who indeed signed up here to defraud others, but we cannot fight every battle as we do in normal tickets.

Thank you for reading.

8 Likes

Maybe a good idea to show the percentage of SC members that end up being banned :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure if I can pull that up, but will try.

1 Like

Tried. Won’t be possible until a dev can sort the data directly through our DB. All I can tell you is that we have 724 safety concern members.

1 Like

For the people on Swapd
think about before you buy from a guy with Safety concern :joy: I buy a TikTok from a guy with
Safety concern And lost today the account & 3k$
I give this tip because I know if someone on Swapd lost money there will not be as happy as my :sweat_smile: but I think it’s part of the business to also losing sometimes money

1 Like

How did you lost it? Are you sure that he has something to do with it?

The guy sold my a stolen TikTok account that was stolen 2-3 weeks ago from the creator of the account the seller told my he buy it from telegram but that’s a lying because I see no location login from the guy from telegram and he was also a new seller

For my I think it’s also not safe to buy TikTok accs because you will never own it because the registered country will also stay the same also the orginel seller can always get the account back if he know the info under this photo i own a 18m TikTok I speak many times with TikTok about this

TH

So do people properly get refunded if there isn’t a safety concern? 100% of the time?

No.

TH

So what’s the difference? Just a chargeback would be denied?

Yes. Any attempts of funds recovery will be denied.

OGusers is starting to see the value in targeting people on this site. That is where they all come from. I really hope measures can be maintained to not allow them. Possibly I could get you a copy of the OGU database and you can flag any email signups to a match?

1 Like

We have many OGU members who are wonderful members. But I do agree, the vast majority cause problems.

1 Like

Is it possible to display why a user has a safety concern badge on their profiles? I usually just ask the admins, but it’d be good if it showed the reason why a user is listed as “safety concern”

2 Likes

We will consider it.

1 Like

Can someone from the SWAPD team please reach out to me… I am ID Verified and trying to get my safety concern badge removed.

It’d be nice if the reason why a safety concern badge is shown on the users profile

edit: just realized this is an older thread and i already said that

1 Like