Rule #1: No communicating off-site. Why does SWAPD strictly enforce this rule?

Only thing that bothers me about this rule is that sometimes (especially when it comes to bigger sales) you just have to be in contact with the Seller or Buyer to make the sale happen. It’s basically a way to earn their trust. Many people won’t spend 5k USD or more without talking to the owner of let’s say a YouTube Account to make sure he actually is not going to take the Account back (because it really is easy to do that) and that he is legit and does not have the intention to scam you. (Especially due to the fact that your site has no way of preventing such a scam of happening, it only secures the payment process)

Often you can only find this out after talking to a person for a while.

I know that you will come up and say that you still could get scammed and there is no way to prevent it, but this surely does give you some additional safety, being able to talk to the seller or buyer in person.

I don’t get what you mean? you can communicate with users via swapd on platform as per rules in real time and with notifications and the like??

Do you mean via skype or some other method?? Because anything they will sing song you in text they will sing song you in live chat?? The advantage of swapd is the extra layers of verification, audit and layering of payment and buyer guarantees.

Everyone is of course welcome to use other platforms, I know lots do, but you would all be shocked how many of our new members come from current members finding deals elsewhere and bringing those transactions here to be done safely.

1 Like

I think you should have some little faith on people don’t you think others would like to change even after making a mistake. Honestly the much i know 90% of people don’t usually eve read tos or toc even when installing softwares on their computers so its no big suprise if they don’t do it here. I think a warning before ban will be okay you don’t have to respond to them directly you could create an automatic response for somebody who breaks the rules for the first time and on the second time you can offer a ban. I think you should also reduce the ban period, 1000years :ok_woman:, shorter period would give them time to think of what they did. even prisoners change why not give this guys a chance. Anyway its just my opinion.

2 Likes

Actually, the 1000 years means a permanent ban.

Normally users who received several short-term bans, and still break the rules despite all the winnings we give them will receive a permanent ban.

We do give users warnings. Think from a business perspective, we wish to keep everybody on Swapd.

But what’s the point of keeping those who contently breaking our rules? The TOPs are for protecting other users.

2 Likes

I would much rather SWAPD strongly enforce the no communication offsite rule because frankly I think the PM communication keeps things a little more organized. Everyone knows exactly what was said, when it was said and how it was said. There are no missing conversations or details. At any point an admin can just review the terms of a deal. Keeps things clean.

5 Likes

Swapd is completely moderate to its users,
I have received a warning from him today as I do not read the rules, and only kindly warned me with a gentle language that did not bring any prohibition.

There are these rules to keep the community and its company name safe, and everyone should follow it.

I think I should read all the rules of service, communication, service, so as not to make a mistake.

Thanks again @SWAPD

7 Likes

i like how they broke it down… its true… not about the money… they dont want u off site so you can avoid getting scammed because if u do despite it not being swapd u will indirectly blame them in a review saying u were on the site… and others will see that and avoid becoming a member on swapd. all because in the review people fail to say i was an idiot and went off site lol great article

Just the other day, one VIP member contacted us to report that another VIP member scammed him offsite. The user wanted us to act and remove the scammer. We declined, because:

1. We no longer have time to deal with off-site drama as we did in the past.
  2. We have no real way of knowing who is telling the truth.
  3. We’re not going to review 100 telegram screenshots of chat logs.

The bottom line is, both users were VIPs, and (at least one of them) thought it was safe. News flash, we see well-established members do this from time to time. Sometimes it’s because they’re bored, or they’re ready to “quit the game” and want to cash out one last time. So yes, we will still stand behind this rule, no matter how controlling it may seem.

4 Likes

did both of them get banned?

None of them got banned.

None of them got banned? Care to explain to why

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1 Like

So I can scam swapd users off site and I’m off the charts

There are 2 rules.

• Number 1, No Communicating off-site
  • Number 2, always remember rule number one.
3 Likes

This rule is supposed to have them both banned

Not if they met off-site and not on Swapd :wink:

4 Likes

I don’t know how they talked offsite. If we don’t catch them red handed exchanging info, then we are unlikely to ban.

1 Like

karma is joining the chat

Coming to Amsterdam next couple of weeks :ok_hand:

Let me know when, I will move out by then.