Rule #1: No communicating off-site. Why does SWAPD strictly enforce this rule?

I’m sorry but intentions simply don’t matter, everyone pleads “I wasn’t going to buy off platform” the second they get caught.

Literally last week I had a user who have served 3 suspensions, hustling accounts full of bots, so I said this is enough and banned them, they wrote back and said fine “this place is only trouble for me anyways” mid is week they emailed Dave pleading to get back in andmhow they would never do anything wrong and was never trying to lie about accounts and the like.

I 100% understand what you are saying and that you think it is severe, but that is the intention. We want it to be severe, we have big dollars at risk and this isn’t just a fun forum for shitposting, transactions regularly break 10k now and we expect a lot and we will continue to expect at lot.

That’s fair. I don’t blame you guys for being vigilant. Heck, that’s the reason I chose this platform, because if and when I made a purchase, I wouldn’t get screwed.

Hiii.

I’ll suggest that every New Member should be sent to “School of Quick Rules” in first 7 days every time he gets Login.

There should be 5 MCQs about TOS that he’ll select True Statement so that he could get hands-on lesson on TOS.

After 5 Logins he’ll be free to use the Forum.

If even after being sent to School of Rules he goes negative, then he’ll get 120 days Ban.

School of Quick Rules may even be in the form of Survey to know that Member is aware of TOS.

Thanks

1 Like

That is a good idea. I’m not going to lie, I read the terms after my ban. I know I should have before hand, but I was trying to figure out how not to buy a ■■■■ page.

Look I get what you are saying, 100% it’s a worthwhile conversation to be had, I’m just saying why it is.

Bans are 100% necessary. I mean I could have lost $2800 to that hustler who recommended talking off platform. Fortunately enough, I knew the main reason I chose to use this service.

1 Like

People get a welcome message and then often get their accounts out on hold for verification which send them a message which contains the TOS we also have a quick rule guide.

They ignore them, even when we send them. The problem is not that they aren’t widlt available or put in front of people, it’s that users even when prompted don’t bother to read them until they run into problems.

This is not a nanny state, there are still some responsibility on the user to be aware of how the platform works. If not, they aren’t really the type of diligent user we want on platform.

We have the TOS at registration.
Then if you post a listing, our bot sends another reminder to read it.
We even have quick rules in the site header.
During transaction, we post the rules two times :smiley:

We can’t bombard our users any more, I don’t even think that’s possible.

Just to help illustrate how regular this can happen for us on the admin side.

I’ve just been off platform for just over an hour, when I returned, there was 3 users who just received suspensions, all three on platform for over a month and bit.

People both don’t care and also don’t bother to know or read the rules until we take action, then they plead unaware.

Why not to share a NEWS NOTIFICATION after every 24 hours that:

“12 Suspensions today for communicating Offsite”"

“8 Suspensions today for communication Offsite”

I hope old users will learn from it.

Thanks

I think we already go out of our way to be upfront about it have the rules everywhere. I don’t think any of us want to spend that time.

Surely the users have their own responsibility. It’s not up to us to hold everyone’s hands. All I was trying to point out is that it’s a very common issue for us, regardless of how many times we prompt users. People are just trained to ignore TOS regardless of where it is.

I can understand that. But why do they place WARNINGS and sometimes sick pics on Cigarette Packs? All of us know that it’s injurious to Health.

I personally believe that 24hours or 48hours Banned Members News Notification will bring some improvements.
Or at least make it Weekly.

1 Like

What difference will it make? This conversation with a giant heading is on the front page and 3 members just ignored it and did it anyways.

It is a useful tool to weed out members who either are not doing the right thing, or haven’t read the TOS. Don’t forget the TOS has a heap of information about payment methods,limits and guarantees, so it’s all that also that we must deal with on the back end.

Limits we have to explain constantly also. As I say we aren’t parents and we have at least some minimum requirements for membership. Surely reading either the quick rules or TOS isn’t too much to ask. And surely being prompted in at least 3 different spots is enough.

I think most users DO know the basic rules of this place, but they don’t think they get enforced. Most forums really don’t moderate like we do, so users get side blinded when we actually kick them, only to give us the “ughh I didn’t know” story.

This is the real issue as how to PROVE them that this FORUM is not like the other two famous Forums?
We can’t parent them but can GUIDE them through all possible ways.

Hussey, you’re missing the point, do know how much time and work it would take to make sure every user understands the limits, off site rules and checkout system. To do that individually would be an enormous amount of time, and then when we have it done automatically they ignore it and don’t read it.

We are in a catch 22. We already prompt them, we already have a header explaining it, we already do what you are saying and they ignore it. From there the onus is on them. I for one won’t be going thru the forum user by user, ill just deal with users as they come up, as I say you users all have an obligation to meet some sorts of minimum standards, and surely being up to date with the rules is one of them.

We even had cases where we warned the user, and literally a minute later, while knowing that we’re in the conversation, they said “■■■■ this contact me at: NAMEHERE.”

Some people just don’t care.

2 Likes

You could literally make this the only rule on the site and people still would either not read it or ignore it. That’s the nature of these things. The bans are annoying, obviously, because our customer pool is already small and losing a potential customer is never fun, but there’s also not much SWAPD can do in order to keep this marketplace safe.

1 Like

Its good the way it is. You honestly can’t hold someone’s hand any more than you already do in this type of environment that has so much money involved. Users are all fairly warned/notified in the TOS and can access it at anytime they’d like through the FAQ.

1 Like

Well we had the perfect example of this today.

So a user got suspended about a week ago, so today they or a friend made a new account. They sent us admins a message saying that their “friend” didn’t know they were breaking the rules and attached their contact information and blah blah.

Then literally 2 mins later they sent messages from the new friend account to 3 users who had been in PMs with the first account and gave them the handle, WhatsApp numbers and emails with instructions to contact. So they acknowledged know the rules to us and begged for release and then instantly broke them and tried to get three users off platform. Sometimes it just doesn’t matter what we do.

2 Likes