Scammed through paypal goods&services, scammer from Serbia

well paypal is pretty alright, in this case it was my fault for stopping the dispute.
they are just following their guide lines but during the conversation I had with them I was pretty suprised about the fact that they did not take any further action against the seller which suprised me.

Most buying deals I do off-site(this so my instagram buying account gets more trustworthy, after every transaction asking for a trustpilot review) and most times they go smoothly.
But got scammed last month twice already, so with people that show too many red flags I will run the transaction through here to see their legitimacy.

Aussie and New Zealanders do too. It’s normal for us

Quick update, he received an email from the police and is now “willing” to refund.
Don’t know if he is serious or not, will update later again.

3 Likes

Wow the Dutch police is efficient!!!

Refund received, case closed🙂
Did not actually thought that I would receive the money back but glad I did.

But keep in mind this is a scammer and a nasty method of scamming, it worked this time but maybe not in the future.

the page that did this scam is whoaview

6 Likes

I always say that word to everyone :sweat_smile: i not knowing much English, I thought it was a normal word. now I realize that it is something a bit unpleasant :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
Thanks

@educolunga It’s not that it’s unpleasant, it’s just that it implies a relationship is established between two individuals and using it willy-nilly when you really have no idea about the other person is just reckless.

Bro aside, is this the first case of police intervention in a scam on SWAPD so far? this should be spotlighted or something

2 Likes

It’s good that your money is back! Congratulations :heart:

3 Likes

Bad English is a red flag also. These guys arw just terrible.

I was dispute-scammed(opening diaputes after getting credentials) 9 times and I lost only two. In one PP gave both me and scammer’s bank his money.
The only way for a scammer to win a dispute, as a “buyer”, is to call his bank to open a dispute. That way you’re fighting a bank, not individual.

OP, that trick with you opening and closing a dispute is next level ■■■■, could’ve fooled me too(not taking RFs in account).

I also come from Serbia btw, but I usually stay away from “my” people when doing business online. Too many "bro"s

2 Likes

Nice! Congrats!

2 Likes

Congrats, did you really contacted the police?
If you can write how you end up solving it, it could help some of us

2 Likes

Congratulations dude! :heart:

2 Likes

Phew congrats

1 Like

Yes I did, you can fill in an online form for the scam(this is for the netherlands applicable)

They ask you how it happened etc.
This seller had all his contact information on his paypal account so I pressed the charge of scamming against him personally.
At the end of the form was a button with “notify the scammer by email of the charges”
I clicked yes on that button, after that heard nothing for a couple of days.

Than when he saw the confirmation mail of the police he texted me and refunded the payment, so the police only send out an automated email and that was enough for this person to refund the payment.:slight_smile:

6 Likes

Wow the Netherlands are on another level !

5 Likes

Honestly surprised that the authorities in our country actually did something with the report. Wasn’t the email automatically send to the scammer as notice?

As the authorities don’t seem to do a lot with reports about local scams in the Netherlans.

1 Like

Damnn was the scammer from Netherlands aswell?
Good to hear congrats for receiving your money back

1 Like

Exactly just the automated notification email was sent and that was enough for this person to send a refund

1 Like

No scammer was from serbia:)

1 Like