Starting Monday we're introducing new policies for services

Hello members,

Since it’s the weekend I will keep it short. Starting Monday, we will introduce new policies for our Unique Services section. This policy affects services such as:

1. Account verifications
  2. Account recoveries
  3. Obtaining registered usernames
  4. Merging
  5. Removing restrictions on accounts/pages

In short, unless a seller has a 100% track record, not a single service mentioned above will require a pre-payment. Why? Because we keep getting orders (a lot of them) for sellers who drag out tickets for weeks, and they’re unable to deliver. We constantly receive claims of sellers having an “inside man”. But we’re fairly sure most sellers just use the regular means of contacting support and hoping for the best. This ends now. We will not waste our buyers time unless you can deliver 100%. The new policy will be very strict. If a seller claims a 100% success rate and doesn’t deliver, he will no longer be able to advertise that particular service on SWAPD.

Also, SWAPD will not and cannot guarantee that we will be able to collect on sellers behalf if for some reason a buyer goes rogue and disappears (after a seller provided such service). That risk falls onto the sellers. I encourage all sellers who provide such services to re-write your listings so they reflect the real odds of getting things done.

That is all. Thank you and have a good weekend.

19 Likes

Good call - makes sense :+1:

4 Likes

Very good policy but dangerous as well, imagine getting those services for 5k done and the buyer flies away :zipper_mouth_face:

Then we suggest only doing it for trusted members to get yourself a good track record. Then, after you’ve proven to deliver 100% of the time, we can collect the payment beforehand.

8 Likes

^ On point.

1 Like

Verifications arent always guaranteed -that’s the tricky thing with that as its a subjective process.

1 Like

Better to be done for trusted members only at the first zero risk for the seller side

I’ve done all of the verifications on here without pre-payments + they also give their ID proof so I highly doubt if anyones ever going to run, even if they do, there’s always an option to strike the account.

This is fine by me cause it ends reselling as well. If you can actually get something done without being the middle man, this doesn’t affect you. You are the one in control. But if you have been a middle man all your life, better head back to craigslist.

4 Likes

The problem is, none of these services aren’t always guaranteed. That why we’re getting angry because sellers are not delivering. The constant questionable “I have a plug” statements are wearing thin. I believe we only ONCE had a true Facebook plug here (provided by @toms), and it was an insider man who:

1. Did what he said he would do
  2. Did it almost instantly and according to the terms

That’s how a real plug works.

As far as this policy, I do know that it may hurt serious sellers who have a good track record. We will devise a way for them to feel safer during a transaction, but all sellers need to prepare for these changes. We spend a ton of time watching and keeping track of tickets that drag out for weeks, chasing sellers and begging them for an update. On top of that, the thousands and thousands of dollars that are being refunded are the last straw. I am fairly sure we will do around 15,000 USD in refunds next week, all because tickets aren’t working out. Not only this creates even more work for us (paperwork), we have to chase down the sellers to cover the wire fees. This also discourages serious buyers from our platform. We’re just fed up and this stops now.

Unless you can deliver 100%, don’t ever claim it. Because you will no longer be able to sell on SWAPD. Special (out of the ordinary) problems will be considered if something truly outside of sellers control goes wrong. However, if it’s not 100%, we will not collect a prepayment.

To avoid getting duped by buyers, ask them to become ID verified. We will not leave you hanging if the buyer runs. Like @boogeyman said, we can always take action against the rendered services. And it’s not like we haven’t been doing these tickets without pre-payments. Some sellers do so anyway, and not once did a buyer run yet.

3 Likes

I agree. Good call

I agree with the new terms. Some people will do anything to try and earn a dollar.

Just an FYI, these rules are now fully implemented.

2 Likes

Off topic:

Are there any ideas / plans to offer advertisement space on Swapd in the future?
Perhaps pinned threads for a start, paying weekly basis… something similar like they have on BHW.

Regards.

1 Like

Want to get 100% success rate? do one of those services for me for free. problem solved

1 Like

Yes those things are in the works.

1 Like