SWAPD 3.1 Incoming - Expect errors and downtime throughout Monday (23.10.23) - Also, report any bugs ITT

SWAPD 3.1 is set to release this Monday. You can expect hiccups and miscellaneous errors. We would appreciate it if you reported them in this topic.

This update isn’t big, mostly back-end stuff. However, there are a few useful changes and improvements.

So, what’s new?

• Chat threads. You will be able to create threads from individual chat messages (like on Slack, for example).
  • Custom sidebar links. Users will be able to customize their sidebar even further by adding their own links to it.
  • Image grids. You will be able to do things like this:
  • AVIF Format support.
  • Easier new user onboarding. New tooltips and learning processes for new members.
  • Slight UI changes. Navigating through messages/settings/etc will change a little.

Other than that, you won’t notice much else. The rest of the update is in the back end (over 250 changes) and nearly 300 bug fixes.

We ask for your patience, these updates don’t always go well :slight_smile: The work starts in 11 hours from the timestamp of this post. Thank you!

18 Likes

Waiting for it. :star_struck:

1 Like

Let’s just acknowledge the effort and investment staff put into making this forum streamlined and improved as time goes on. Most don’t care. Thank you! :pray:t3: looking forward to the updates :partying_face:

8 Likes

Changes in messages - niceeee

Thanks for your amazing work staff, love you all! Thanks for making this space legit, and not allowing scammers to steal others. Looking forward to see the update <3

3 Likes

I have emails turned off and I still get email notifications @SWAPD

Thanks Staff for providing great service always! Can’t wait for Swapd 3.1

1 Like

Notifications or our digest emails? If digest, you can unsubscribe at the bottom of each email.

Hey @SWAPD , can you enable Whisper option in tickets, I am not able to toggle it on.

So every time @Brant has to manually enable it for me, he knows what the issue is.

Staff (including me) doesn’t even have the option to enable/disable whispers for individual users, so that’s odd.

DMing you the issue @SWAPD

The update is starting.

1 Like

Update in place.

You can now (for example) add your own links to the sidebar (if you need to, for example, have some tools handy for quick access)

Very useful update!

2 Likes

A

@madej

2 Likes

Facts.

Did anyone notice the cool loading bar? The loading circle is being slowly phased out.
Also, some of the UI went horizontal, for example, in messages:

You can now align your images:

Upgrade completed!

3 Likes