SWAPD is pleased to announce the launch of our new /crypto and /swap pages!

We’ve received a confirmation email from Guardarian that crypto purchases for users from the US will be restored mid-June.

Dear Swapd team!

I also received the other email that was sent, I’m addressing them both in this email.

There has been regulatory change in Estonian license, which came unannounced to everybody. Because of the regulatory changes we had to temporarily disable serving users outside the EEA region. This decision did not come easy, but it unfortunately is a necessary step.
This change is only TEMPORARY. Luckily we have already been working a year to obtain another license and the service will be restored in mid June

New licensing will make it possible to bring new very important improvements to the partner’s users. For instance: KYC Free transactions up to 700$ and lower fees for users outside the EEA region.

Apologies for the inconvenience, we are in the very last step of the process of restoring all the regions and FIAT-s.
If there is anything I could do, let me know.

1 Like

New York will never get added. This state is so anti-crypto it’s ridiculous. Crypto has been a pain in the ass to deal with. I truly can’t wait to finally move.

2 Likes

Update!

Even though the adaptation is slow, a few random users are starting to enjoy the ease of our crypto purchase page. In the next weeks, the KYC-free verification limit will be raised form 250 to 700 USD, and US-based clients will have their services restored.

4 Likes

Hi, how do we check the fees for a crypto swap? i.e. ETH for USDT @SWAPD

I did a trial for 36$ swap from ETH to USDT, and I received back 30$ so wondering how to check service fees on these swaps beforehand.

The fee varies depending on what you are swapping, but the page will calculate precisely how much you will get.

That sounds about right. ETH gas fees are a thing.

Here is one example (1000 USDT ERC to USDC):

13 USD fee.

1 Like

Just trying to understand further since I would be using this a lot. For 36$ i exchanged, i was supposed to get 32$ back as per exchange calculation, but i got back 30$. So here 2$ gas fees + 4$ service fees?

So both gas fees + service provider fees are incorporated into the calculation shown by them?

Do you know the service exchange fees percentage charged by the provider?

1 Like

It should, but if you picked a floating rate your estimated payout will be ever-changing, depending on the value of the crypto and gas fees. During a floating rate exchange there is a possibility that the cryptocurrency rate may change for the worse or for the better. Thus, the amount you receive may also change - you can get either more or less coins than expected at the beginning of the exchange.
During a fixed rate exchange, nothing can affect the amount you receive, which was shown to you initially. These exchanges are protected from rate fluctuations and any market changes. (But a fixed rate will be higher)

As far as the fees, no definitive answer. But as far as we’ve tested, it usually hovers between 1-3%

2 Likes

Never will be the fee will be that high for a 30 USD transfer. It’s all mostly gas fees. From my 1000 USD example, the fee was 1.3%.

1 Like

UPDATE

We’re happy to say that our users are slowly adapting to our /crypto and /swap pages :slight_smile:
We’re still in a slight snag with US customers being blocked. Rest assured, we’re only days away from restoring services for our US-based members.

What’s going with the US update?

1 Like

Still waiting :frowning: It’s not up to us. The company we use is approved and all paperwork is filed. It’s the government who is taking their sweet time with the final approval.

1 Like

UPDATE

An email from our crypto partner:

Greetings!

Bringing you news about the whole situation, which is super good, because now I can give more accurate info on everything.

Starting off with not super good news, but still a good one. Government has finally given us next steps to go live with everything.

Since we acquired a new license in Lithuania, the government has requested small changes to our documentation, because within these 1-2 months they have had some policy updates.
We changed these on Monday and already passed the approval.

Now as the final step we are transferring documentation between our new company registrations to have everything done correctly and comply to all regulations.

Starting from August 2nd, the latest 3rd week we are expected to return with a full service area and KYC free transactions.

Because you have been waiting on us now for quite some time, I will enable a 0% fee campaign once we go live for 1 month.

I hope this clears up the air, since we are definitely the most interested party in this process and want to enable everything ASAP.

Everything from our side is moving lightning fast and external parties are causing the delays, which unfortunately we can’t control.
I hope you understand.

In short, users from North America will be able to purchase crypto at the end of August.

2 Likes

Update on this. Due to constant lying we’re switching our crypto-partners to someone who DOES service USA :slight_smile: We were already accepted, just waiting for the devs to finish the code.

Hello, I just tried purchasing crypto and says USA not supported.

Yep same

1 Like

US will be supported in around two weeks.

2 Likes

I’m new to this ticket and i don’t know how to pay, can you please help me