Swapd should have tags for buyers

Here me out,

We rate sellers with positive transactions, so we know who is legit etc

What if swapd could implement tags based on buyers like @x # spent over $5,000 usd and have tiers so when sellers are looking at bids they take us more serious?

I’m quarantined so I’m bored and this came to mind :joy:

2 Likes

We will introduce a eBay style like feedback system within a few months :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i hope past sells and buys are counted in the new system. so we don.t take it from 0

They won’t, but you can ask users whom you done business with to leave you a feedback.

Exactly what I felt before. One of the moderator said “Why do buyers need badges?”
I am like : Ohkayyy?
Buyers are as important as sellers. Having a badge will help sellers to check who had good history and positive transactions so that they can quickly move on to sales with the serious buyers.

1 Like

All the points will be flatted out? That’s sad to hear. There might be a way out where you can integrate the existing badges to other form of feedback alternative into ebay type. That would be great…

1 Like

Nothing will be flatted out. The badges that are there will still stay for historical purposes, and other badges will still be operational. But, starting next week, buyers/sellers will be responsible for leaving their own feedback.

I’d recommend only allowing feedback to be left if a ticket has been concluded. That way you won’t have users throwing dirt at one another, and making the feedback system largely useless. If a ticket has been marked successfully, you should consider only allowing users to leave neutral or positive feedback. As its quite common on Ebay, and other markets that a user will be pleased with a product, leave a positive comment, despite making the mistake of leaving a negative rating. You could counter this by allowing editing of feedback, but I would recommend a grace period of 24 hours only, to prevent users having a bad transaction, and then going back to edit any previous deals they’ve done with the user out of spite.

The nature of social media business is that a lot of it is down to luck. Sellers can’t control buyers losing accounts due to bans, and services such as claiming services cannot guarentee success. Therefore, the way the feedback system is implemented will have to be considered.

Users will be required to post a ticket number in their review. If one is missing or it’s wrong, the person who received the review will be able to dispute it via staff intervention. Leaving feedback for someone whom you did not do business with will not be tolerated. Also, instead of doing positive/negative feedback, we will have a 1-5 star rating system.